PDA

View Full Version : Imacon 646 scanner

Gary Tarbert
11-Mar-2015, 06:18
I have a really nice Imacon scanner which is soon going to be surplus to requirements , I will not post yet on for sale , As i need to ask Question A 240 volt (i am based in Astralia) how hard is it to convert back to The USA voltage which is 110 i think . And shipping heavy items can be a problem , So any ideas , or maybe i just need to find a local buyer . Regards Gary

vinny
11-Mar-2015, 08:10
Converting the voltage is easy with the proper voltage converter.

koraks
11-Mar-2015, 08:22
There are step down converters which are usually autotransformers, which is fine for this sort of application. Plus the scanner will probably work just fine on 230v so it's a good option for European buyers as well!

richardman
11-Mar-2015, 22:13
A transformer is just ~$60 so not an issue at all. I have one working with the Nova paper processor.

Phil Hudson
12-Mar-2015, 05:24
You used to be able to buy original shipping cartons for Imacon scanners as an accessory item. Might be worth looking at if sending overseas.

Gary Tarbert
12-Mar-2015, 06:03
I have the original box the outer box is heavy grade plain brown cardboard , Would this be the shipping carton or would that be timber?

Phil Hudson
12-Mar-2015, 13:15
I think that probably is the original box........

Henrim
12-Mar-2015, 17:14
The machine runs on DC (24V) and I believe it came with an international power adapter. If the adapter says 100-240V 50-60Hz it should be good to be used anywhere in the world. You just need the proper power plug to plug it in to the wall outlet.

koh303
12-Mar-2015, 21:13
The machine runs on DC (24V) and I believe it came with an international power adapter. If the adapter says 100-240V 50-60Hz it should be good to be used anywhere in the world. You just need the proper power plug to plug it in to the wall outlet.

+1
The power pack is not only international but is not made by imacon or hasselblad, but is a rather basic and common (and cheap) standard switching power supply which is universal. All you need is to get the correct 3 prong power cord.

Shipping from Australia to anywhere is usually cheapest when dealing with larger items to use a third party vendor for courier service such as DHL or UPS. You can get a considerable discount by doing that.

Gary Tarbert
13-Mar-2015, 04:11
+1
The power pack is not only international but is not made by imacon or hasselblad, but is a rather basic and common (and cheap) standard switching power supply which is universal. All you need is to get the correct 3 prong power cord.

Shipping from Australia to anywhere is usually cheapest when dealing with larger items to use a third party vendor for courier service such as DHL or UPS. You can get a considerable discount by doing that.Thanks you are right i forgot what that little black box at my feet was for , As you say from 100-240 , So not a problem to list for worldwide selling