PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite Birthday Outing

seabee1999
10-Mar-2015, 10:57
This April I will be turning 40. For my birthday, I will be heading up to one of my favorite spots in California, Yosemite. Generally, I don't do anything special on my birthday but if anyone happens to be in the park between 3 April - 5 April (Easter weekend) and would like to meet up for a coffee/tea I'll be there. I'll be staying at Camp Curry and photographing around the valley floor and hoping perhaps Glacier Pt Rd might be open.

R/
Dave

Vaughn
10-Mar-2015, 12:12
I will not be there until April 13th...I'll look for your tripod holes! Have a great time, you young punk!

seabee1999
10-Mar-2015, 12:38
I hope you enjoy your time there as well. Sorry we couldn't meet up. Enjoy your time there as well. Hopefully whatever tripod holes I left behind will be found.

R/
Dave

John Kasaian
10-Mar-2015, 15:49
I need to get up there to purchase my geezer pass pronto!

Drew Wiley
10-Mar-2015, 16:01
Hmmm... I didn't know they let you kids out of school on your birthdays! But have a great time. Given the drought, you should be able to get to the rim somewhere
around Glacier Pt. The NP website probably has current road conditions. Have fun!

Jim Fitzgerald
10-Mar-2015, 16:54
I'll be up there this weekend with the small camera. The 14 x 17. Hard to miss me yes, but camera no!

If June and I can swing it maybe another trip. Who knows.

seabee1999
10-Mar-2015, 17:12
Hmmm... I didn't know they let you kids out of school on your birthdays! But have a great time. Given the drought, you should be able to get to the rim somewhere
around Glacier Pt. The NP website probably has current road conditions. Have fun!

Sadly, I have to ask for permission from he US Navy for the extra day off (Friday). I have been looking at the NP website quite often to see if the road might open early. My hope is that it does barring a late, greatly needed snow.

I'll be up there this weekend with the small camera. The 14 x 17. Hard to miss me yes, but camera no!

If June and I can swing it maybe another trip. Who knows.

Have fun up there Jim. Sorry we could not meet up. Maybe next time.

R/
Dave

Jim Fitzgerald
10-Mar-2015, 17:19
Dave, don't worry we will get together at some point. I'll check out the road when we go up and report back.

seabee1999
10-Mar-2015, 18:25
I look forward to your report Jim.