PDA

View Full Version : Lumedyne battery replacement

Gustavo
5-Jan-2005, 13:58
Hi I am in need of some help.
I own a Lumedyne pack system Model 244 50 to 200 W/S
The batteries died on my and I was wondering if I can replace the battery pack with some thing else ,like one large battery the original battery packs are model 25 it uses 18 1.2 Volt 1200mAh C Nikel Cadmium rechargeable batteries.
My question is can I replace it with a 22 V battery?
Thanks

jnantz
5-Jan-2005, 14:53
hey gustavo

i have the same problem!
from what i understand you can only replace the lumedyne battery with a lumedyne battery ... :(

this is the second time i have had to replace mine. it turns out that the batterys have a 7 year life ( my last one worked for about 1o years ),
if you pick one up off of FEEbay get the serial number ( before you buy it ) and call lumedyne to see how long it has been out for. they are pretty good at keeping track of when their batteries were worked on or sold &C.

B&H has the battery on their website, and when you email
them for the "special price" it is about $75-$100 less than
what lumedyne has for their list price ( $300+).

good luck!

john

Brian Yarvin
5-Jan-2005, 15:46
My own experiences have been a bit different. If you open up the batteries, you'll find standard nicad cells that can be replaced ("re-celled") by the same people who offer the service for police and medical equipment. At a local Interstate Battery outlet, they did the job for about 1/3 the price of a new Lumedyne battery.

If you're handy electronically, you could do the job yourself for even less.

jerryeisner
5-Jan-2005, 19:17
i agree with Brian. there is a battery store franchise called batteries plus on the east coast that has rebuilt all my lumedynes for 1/3rd the price. They use a suitable replacement that is used in the military. The batteries seem to last just as long and recycle about a second faster. the only difference is that they should be allowed to drain down after every job and then they should be charged full for every new job. the manager tells me that they need to be dormant when they are sitting, They don't like to carry a charge unless they are working. Lumedyne prides itself on a no memory system that can be charged up and topped off daily. i can only say that i like the cheaper system very much and i use 6 lumedynes and the batteries are doing the job well. jerryeisner

R.J. Fox
5-Jan-2005, 20:13
I also use Lumedyne, and have nothing but good things to say about the system. I only have the large "Super Battery," and it has been super. I bought my 600w/s system from a pro in the UK 3 years ago, and my battery keeps going like an Energizer bunny. I have no idea how long he used the system before I got it.

If you end up buying a Lumedyne battery, I would recommend the Super Battery. It's big and heavy but in my experience it really holds up to pounding and recharging over and over.

Gustavo
5-Jan-2005, 20:19
Does any one hv a link for batteries plus that Jerry mentions?

Dasaga Photographic - Sam Kennedy
16-Apr-2005, 08:32
FYI - We might be able to help with your problem on Lumdyne Batteries.

Please look at http://dasaga.com/lumedyne_battery.htm

Sincerely