PDA

View Full Version : Alan Ross "Crafting the Fine Silver Print" Workshop, Dublin, Ireland, July 2015

Rafal Lukawiecki
17-Feb-2015, 15:32
I am privileged to be helping Alan Ross bring his hands-on darkroom workshops near to where I live in Ireland. Alan will be running two sessions in Dublin: on 23-26 July and 30 July-2 August, 2015. He will focus on his darkroom technique. If you are interested, please have a look at the just-published workshop description page on his site:

http://www.alanrossphotography.com/workshops/location-workshops/dublin-ireland/

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer. For the avoidance of doubt, let me add that I have no financial interest in these workshops.

Eric Biggerstaff
17-Feb-2015, 18:26
Anyone who has the chance should take this, Alan is terrific and I assure you the time will be worth every penny or pound!

Michael R
17-Feb-2015, 21:35
+1 to this. Well done, Rafal. Alan is an excellent craftsman. In particular people might find his selective masking techniques helpful. They are straight forward and powerful.

Rafal Lukawiecki
18-Feb-2015, 14:15
Thanks, guys. I am lucky that what had started as a workshop, a few years ago, has now developed into a friendship. This has made it possible for me to nag Alan to come over to Ireland: I genuinely hope his skills get a new home here. In general, folks around here do not seem to have had much technical exposure to the West Coast aesthetic. I hope crossing the local approach to photography with that exacting, but also very accessible, no-nonsense school that Alan represents will lead to much joy and good results.

Eric: Alan mentioned your work to me a while ago, and he was very complementary. I hope to meet you, and Michael, some time.

Rafal Lukawiecki
7-Jul-2015, 15:38
I wanted to let you know that we have been fully subscribed for both of Alan's workshops. All of Alan's spare time, while he is in Ireland, has also been reserved for one-to-one requests. If you would like us to arrange another workshop, perhaps next year, please get in touch with me and I will start an informal list—I would love to bring Alan back, perhaps also for a field workshop. Thanks for your support, PMs and emails.

Eric Biggerstaff
8-Jul-2015, 06:39
Wish I could be there! Say hello to Alan for me and have fun.