PDA

View Full Version : Arista APHS ISO

Gustavo
2-Jan-2005, 11:34
Hi does any one here knows the ISO rating of Arista APHS for continuous tone?
Is it the same as kodak's (320)? I am looking at shooting Arista APHS on a pin hole 8 X 10
thanks

Jim Galli
2-Jan-2005, 12:23
320??! I shoot APHS at ASA 3. It's great fun with lenses that are without shutter. 1 second at f22 1/2 in full sunlight. It's best with very flat scenes as contrast is extremely difficult to control. Develop with red lamp lit and watch your image come up. Super diluted Dektol works. Try about 60cc's of 1:3 Dektol like you would use for B/W papers added to 800 ml water. Watch the time, and when the image comes up add 3X that amount of time for total development.

Here's a shot I did earlier this year with my 9 1/4" Protar VII on the Deardorff 8X10. As ever the scan doesn't do it much justice. 11 seconds @ f64 in desert sunlight. It's an old boarding house here in Tonopah Nevada.

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/1aphs.jpg

Tonopah Boarding House

John Bolgiano
2-Jan-2005, 19:19
I also rate APHS at around 3 for my pinhole play. I use a slightly more concentrated Dektol solution, about 1:10, but given Jim's excellent results, I may give his mix a try.

Gustavo
30-Jan-2007, 21:12
I tried some using rodinal 1- 100 and the negs look like pyro negs rather cool stuff