PDA

View Full Version : Hi there, new to MF and just got a scanner

Blasted
3-Feb-2015, 09:36
Hi there, just thought I would say hello. Iíve been into photography for a while and recently made the jump to medium format (RB67 pro s). Unfortunately I get a little gear obsessed and just the other day picked up a screen cezanne elite scanner and software, even though Iíve yet to shoot any actual film, but it was a bargain (I hope so anyway). I already own an Epson V500 but somehow got convinced that it wouldnít be doing the medium format negatives any justice. Anyway, Iíve been enjoying reading through some of the posts and hope that maybe one or two of you will be able to help me get a decent medium format negative scan so that I can think that all the hardships Iím going to have to go through will be worthwhile.

vinny
3-Feb-2015, 09:43
Welcome. fyi, This is the large format photography forum.

check out alex burk's blog, there's a segment on scanning.

Blasted
3-Feb-2015, 09:55
I was aware of that but after searching the net this seemed like a good place to learn a bit more about scanning. It could also lead onto large format photography, you never know.

djdister
3-Feb-2015, 10:23
There are lots of sources for information, here are two I would recommend:

http://www.kenleegallery.com/html/tech/scanning.php --> Ken Lee is a Moderator on this forum

http://www.betterscanning.com/ --> makers of better custom film holders for many scanner types

cyrus
3-Feb-2015, 12:24
It could also lead onto large format photography, you never know.

We do know.

It will.

Prepare your credit card.

Blasted
3-Feb-2015, 15:33
It all started with a pint and shoot, this hobby gets expensive, very quickly.

Thanks for the links.

Leszek Vogt
3-Feb-2015, 16:14
Welcome to LF Forum. You can get some xray film and it doesn't have to be brutally expensive. Well, at least to practice...

Les

Alan Gales
5-Feb-2015, 12:56
I was aware of that but after searching the net this seemed like a good place to learn a bit more about scanning. It could also lead onto large format photography, you never know.

Hopefully, it will lead you to large format! ;) I used to shoot an RZ67 and now I shoot 4x5 color and 8x10 b&w.

Welcome to the forum!

prendt
5-Feb-2015, 13:03
It all started with a pint and shoot, this hobby gets expensive, very quickly.

Stop drinking, a pint can lead you to very bad habits. It's harmful to focusing too.

Andrew O'Neill
5-Feb-2015, 15:45
After I picked up a medium format camera, I quickly dropped it and went to large format and never looked back... okay, I do still pick up my mamiya.