PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Poland

zozur
28-Jan-2015, 11:35
Hi, my name is Zbigniew, I'm from Poland. I shoot some 35mm film (C41), but I want try large format and home developing. I don't have place for enlarger in my apartment, so I'm thinking about cheap 5x7 (or maybe 8x10) camera. I saw some contact prints in family album and it was really great impression. I also want to try some alternative processes like collodion or gumoil. This forum seems to be great and helpful place!
So I'll keep reading and searching for my first large format camera and other equipment.
Sorry for my poor English, I'm still learning.
All the best
Zbigniew

cowanw
28-Jan-2015, 13:30
Your English is excellent. Welcome.

Peter Lewin
28-Jan-2015, 13:37
First, your English is very good, remember that 99% of us can't reciprocate in Polish at all! I think we have a number of Polish members on this forum, hopefully they will chime in and let you know where they are located. In fact, my sense is that our Polish LF members share another common trait ... they are all very good photographers, so you should find all the help you want. Welcome aboard.

IanG
28-Jan-2015, 13:51
Welcome Zbigniew, your English is fine, I teach English as a second language and have a wife who's not a native English speaker, it's also better than some British students I've taught :D

As you're in Poland I'd look for a 13x18 camera or 18x24, film is readily available in Continental Europe. Importing from the US will cost you 30-40% of the buying price and the shipping by the time you pay import duty and VAT.

Ian

John Kasaian
28-Jan-2015, 20:19
Welcome from California!

Leszek Vogt
28-Jan-2015, 23:17
Jak tam, Zbigniew ? Welcome to the forum. Where on the map are you ?

Les

zozur
29-Jan-2015, 15:32
Thanks for warm welcome!

As you're in Poland I'd look for a 13x18 camera or 18x24, film is readily available in Continental Europe. Importing from the US will cost you 30-40% of the buying price and the shipping by the time you pay import duty and VAT.

Ian

Yes indeed I just look for film prices in Polish on-line shop and 5x7 is more expensive than 13x18.
I spoke today with my buddy and he said that we can try make camera. He is good in woodworking and he has many electric tools, lathe, milling cutter, and others.
External dimensions of European and American film holders are different?

Jak tam, Zbigniew ? Welcome to the forum. Where on the map are you ?

Les
Cześć Leszek dzięki nie najgorzej ;)
I'm from Poznań (52.399 N 16.900 E)

All the best

Genfer
31-Jan-2015, 08:41
Welcome zozur!
Don't worry about your english! Me too, I don't speak well english and my writing is even worse :o
Pictures doesn't need any language :p

Best greets from Genva,
Genfer