PDA

View Full Version : A tutorial on using glue

John Kasaian
11-Jan-2015, 20:11
Since I had to re- attach a handle that got loose from an 8x10 dark slide, selecting the correct glue to apply was a bit of an issue. I came across this tutorial on glue and thought it might help out others with similar DIY projects requiring the application of glue---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhKF0YDl2gA#t=258

Roger Thoms
11-Jan-2015, 21:28
Classic!

Roger

Richard Wasserman
11-Jan-2015, 21:32
Which glue did you choose, Acme or Ajax? Did your feet get stuck to the road? I have so many questions...

David Karp
11-Jan-2015, 21:42
I needed that!

Peter Collins
12-Jan-2015, 01:27
you have too much time on your hands....

Steve Goldstein
12-Jan-2015, 04:28
Better time than glue, at least according to the tutorial.

HMG
12-Jan-2015, 07:15
So how many 60+ adults watched the whole thing? (FYI, my hand is raised.)

Jim Jones
12-Jan-2015, 08:14
Me, too! Chuck Jones had more precise timing than the shutters almost all of us use.

Michael Cienfuegos
12-Jan-2015, 15:00
So how many 60+ adults watched the whole thing? (FYI, my hand is raised.)

me. ;)

Drew Wiley
14-Jan-2015, 09:52
Gosh, John... Where do you come up with this stuff? My office emblem is Wily Coyote, and for years I had a little puppet version above the desk. What you really need to find a copy of is the published book of stories from the official roadcrew prior to the modernization of Hwy 168 up the hill. They did everything by eye, and
pranks on each other could be almost unbelievable. They were some incredible backcountry horsemen, fishermen, and peak-baggers among that little group, who I personally knew very well, because I grew up with their kids. Anyway, per the Roadrunner theme... They had a pesistent packrat problem in their dynamite shed. So while the crew is sitting around outside it one summer day digging into their lunch boxes, one of them hears a rustle in the shed, walks in there, pulls a pistol, and shoots the rat off a dynamite box.... needless to say, the others weren't amused, so the foreman grad a .22 rifle and shoots the cigar out of this guy's mouth (which itself wasn't exactly kosher around dynamite). So he plans revenge, and during another lunch break while the boss is snoring away with his cowboy boots pulled off, fill the boots up with rapid hydraulic cement..... on and on the feud went; but it was all in fun, if dangerous fun.

Tracy Storer
14-Jan-2015, 10:05
Very sorry to say I think I've seen a bunch of equipment that Coyote has "repaired".

jnantz
14-Jan-2015, 10:27
nothing like the "parting of the orange glue sea"
meep meep