PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Netherlands

Kodak
28-Dec-2014, 09:00
Hi,

I'm a passionate photographer living in the Netherlands.
Since the beginning of this year I picked up the film photography again.
Some 8 years ago I changed my film equipment for digital stuff, like many did.
But last year I decided to get back into the original techniques and faced much more fun again.
At the moment I still have a Mamiya RZ camera set but this one needs to leave the house to make some money free for a decent piece of LF equipment.
My darkroom is already equipped with an Omega D2 with variable condensors and lenses that can handle 4x5 inch.

I hope to get and fins advises here about buying equipment and tips and tricks on proper use.
I want to get a camera like Tachihara or Shen Hao. First of all I like the looks but also these are AFAIK fairly light and easy to take with you.
Any suggestions, pro's, con's, ect. on my choice?

Best regards

Hans

Peter De Smidt
28-Dec-2014, 09:45
Welcome, Hans. Another one to check out is Chamonix, http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/. The Chamonix and Shen Hao are more recent designs than the Tachihara, and they are more rigid and less fiddly.

Kodak
28-Dec-2014, 09:49
Thank you for the tip Peter. I Will have a closer look at it. These also look very nice!

Sirius Glass
28-Dec-2014, 20:08
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

gary mulder
28-Dec-2014, 20:59
Hi Hans. I live close by.
On the for sale section there is a master tech in holland for sale for a nice price. If you are not jet able to see the for sale section and you are interested give me a PM.