PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio Show Chesterton, IN Jan 24

rcjtapio
19-Dec-2014, 09:16
The Midwest Large Format Asylum will hold its 8th annual portfolio print review & show on January 24th, 2015 in Chesterton, IN at the Best Western Indian Oaks. It is a free event. No judging or competition...just enjoying prints captured on large format film. More information can be found at www.midwestlargeformat.com.

Rick Tapio

diversey
19-Dec-2014, 09:44
I would like to come. Could you please post the show schedule, time and exhibition room? Thanks.

evan clarke
20-Dec-2014, 06:01
We normally get a start between 8-9:00. There is only one meeting room and it is very good. It also isn't an exhibition, more of a print sharing affair. Everybody who wants to take a turn draws a number and placed in the order accordingly. We break for lunch and have it catered in so we can keep things going well. Hate to lose a couple hours trying to get everybody back from restaurants.
This is our eighth or ninth year and this sharing format has served us well. Anybody is welcome to show..the only stipulation is that the photograph was made with a large format camera. Please join us and bring Randy :)

diversey
20-Dec-2014, 21:22
Thanks for the information. I believe it will be a wonderful event and will ask Randy to come with us. Cheers!

rcjtapio
21-Dec-2014, 09:28
Glad to hear you are considering coming. It's a fun day. In the past we look at & enjoy, I would say on the average, about 15-20 portfolios. The portfolio could range from just a few prints, up to maybe 20-25. We see all levels of experience. New large format users are very welcome. This group has a lot of talent & offers lots of encouragement to each other - and we continually learn from each other. Many of us will come in Friday & stay overnight. If you decide to do this, let us & the hotel know as we get reduced room rates. Just mention you are with the photography group. Let us know as well as we will also go out for a nice dinner Friday night.

rcjtapio
29-Dec-2014, 10:29
The address of the hotel of the print review is:
Best Western Indian Oak
558 Indian Boundary Road
Chesterton, Indiana 46304
219-926-2200

diversey
29-Dec-2014, 18:00
Thanks!

rcjtapio
11-Jan-2015, 19:05
Less than 2 weeks away.......it's a fun day and always inspirational to see work by other LF photographers. Make plans to join us if you haven't already.

rcjtapio
17-Jan-2015, 17:42
Bill Jay has a good saying about photographers......he says, "When all is said & done, more is said than done."

If you are a "done" kind of person & live within an easy drive to northern Indiana, pack some prints to show & come & join us next Saturday. If you are a "said" kind of person & need some encouragement & inspiration, we hope you will consider joining us also.

One week away. Chesterton, IN is the place to be next Saturday.

Frank Pittel
17-Jan-2015, 20:34
Bill Jay has a good saying about photographers......he says, "When all is said & done, more is said than done."

If you are a "done" kind of person & live within an easy drive to northern Indiana, pack some prints to show & come & join us next Saturday. If you are a "said" kind of person & need some encouragement & inspiration, we hope you will consider joining us also.

One week away. Chesterton, IN is the place to be next Saturday.

Even if you just want to spend a day looking at great prints do consider joining us.

Joe Smigiel
18-Jan-2015, 09:21
So the gig in Chesterton starts at 8:00am Central or 9:00am Eastern Time, correct?

rcjtapio
18-Jan-2015, 09:52
You would be correct. I believe Chesterton is on CST....so anytime after 8 am. Our actual starting time is actually not carved in stone depending on weather. If the roads are snowy we probably will wait a few minutes for those driving in Saturday morning. Warning: we are a pretty loose group so we kinda just get started when the time is right. :)

BTW.....for anyone coming in on Friday & staying overnight, a good place to find us is in the meeting room (up the stairs in the lobby on the second floor) where we will be setting up lights, tables & chairs, etc.. Let us know you are around so you can join us for dinner.

I look forward to seeing old friends & meeting new ones.

Rick

diversey
23-Jan-2015, 15:53
Will come by car tomorrow morning for encouragement and inspiration.:)

MIke Sherck
25-Jan-2015, 09:07
And a magnificent show it was! You should'a been there!

Mike

Chuck Pere
25-Jan-2015, 11:15
I agree with Mike. Another great portfolio show. I'd say 15-16 people showed work. Gives me some inspiration to keep carrying around that big camera and produce some photographs for next year's show.

diversey
25-Jan-2015, 15:04
Excellent portfolio show and enjoyed it very much.

Frank Pittel
25-Jan-2015, 20:02
Excellent portfolio show and enjoyed it very much.

I'm glad you liked it and hope to see you again in the near future!

Joe Smigiel
26-Jan-2015, 07:04
I attended the review for the first time and was greatly impressed by the breadth and overall quality of the work. It was also nice to see some familiar faces from the shoots I've attended in the past and to make some new acquaintances. There was a lot of talent on display. Kudos to Frank, Rick, Sherman, Evan, and any others who organized the portfolio review. It was a very inspiring day and I'll be putting next year's event on my calendar.