PDA

View Full Version : Wollensak Velostigmat series II f/4.5 12inch lens shutter

Brad Bireley
2-Dec-2014, 17:12
I hooked up an air bulb to my shutter on my Wollensak Velostigmat series II f/4.5 12inch lens. The shutter open & closed a few times & then just stopped. Now when you squeeze the bulb it blows the tube off the connection. Any ideas why it stopped working. I know nothing about this type of shutter. Thanks.

Jim Galli
2-Dec-2014, 20:11
I hooked up an air bulb to my shutter on my Wollensak Velostigmat series II f/4.5 12inch lens. The shutter open & closed a few times & then just stopped. Now when you squeeze the bulb it blows the tube off the connection. Any ideas why it stopped working. I know nothing about this type of shutter. Thanks.

Stuck piston. Carefully take the chrome tube apart and clean with solvent of some sort. Do not oil. Anything. Clean, dry, and slippery is the key. If you have a bit of paste wax you can wax and buff the piston with a soft cotton cloth for extra slip.

Brad Bireley
3-Dec-2014, 07:32
Thanks Jim!

Toyon
3-Dec-2014, 08:14
Before you clean the piston with a solvent, try just buffing the piston with a chamois. If that doesn't work, go with a solvent. They are very finicky devices, and the less changed, the better.