PDA

View Full Version : Ever fixed a collar type leg-lock on a Giottos tripod?

Bruce B
27-Oct-2014, 08:31
My favorite light weight Giottos has a stuck leg. It's a collar-type rotating lock. The model number is MT 9251. I haven't the slightest idea how to remove the collar so any help would be much appreciated. There's no lock nut or anything similar on the collar itself. Thanks in advance, BAB

Bob Salomon
27-Oct-2014, 08:42
Call 800 735-4373 and they will direct you. Ask for Edwin.

Bruce B
27-Oct-2014, 11:53
Thanks, Bob. I finally just unscrewed the collar -- LOTS of threads -- and discovered the internal slide had somehow become twisted, locking the leg section. Had to really pull to remove the section. No idea why, and hope it doesn't happen again in the middle of a shoot. Where does Edwin work.....I may want to write this number down. Thanks again.....BAB

Bob Salomon
27-Oct-2014, 11:54
Thanks, Bob. I finally just unscrewed the collar -- LOTS of threads -- and discovered the internal slide had somehow become twisted, locking the leg section. Had to really pull to remove the section. No idea why, and hope it doesn't happen again in the middle of a shoot. Where does Edwin work.....I may want to write this number down. Thanks again.....BAB

That is our office number.

Bruce B
28-Oct-2014, 07:24
Good, thanks!