PDA

View Full Version : what shutter for Bausch & Lomb 3A brass lens?

AlexGard
20-Oct-2014, 17:47
Anyone help me with what kind of shutter I will need to fit a Bausch & Lomb 3A brass lens to fit sinar-sized mount..?

AlexGard
20-Oct-2014, 17:48
Pref for bulb and timed exposures.

AlexGard
20-Oct-2014, 18:57
measures 4.5" across with flange

Louis Pacilla
21-Oct-2014, 18:51
Anyone help me with what kind of shutter I will need to fit a Bausch & Lomb 3A brass lens to fit sinar-sized mount..?

Pref for bulb and timed exposures.

measures 4.5" across with flange
Hey Alex
A large front mounted Packard or another type of front mounted studio shutter is you only/best option. You only get 1/15th a sec time & bulb. & you can get them w/ flash sync w/ (1/15th sec). You will not find a shutter like a Copal 3 or Ilex #5 w/ multiple shutter speeds w/ a lens like yours which is a 16" f4 petzval portrait and even if it could be fitted to a shutter like a Ilex #5 the original max f stop of f4 would be much slower so there's no gain.

You can also use the lens cap if medium is slow enough like wet plate or paper negatives.

AlexGard
21-Oct-2014, 20:10
Thanks so much for your help. Yes after some fiddly research I came to the same conclusion. I think I will hang onto the lens and reserve it for my future wet plate adventures/investment.

Jac@stafford.net
21-Oct-2014, 22:34
Surf for flap shutter in particular the Guerry Flap Shutter. I have a similar version that fits the very large Voigtlander #7 Euryscop.