PDA

View Full Version : news: Forte keeps on

Juergen
1-Dec-2004, 12:47
just this afternoon fotoimpex, berlin, has reported that forte in hungary will continue its production. the insolvency-administrator ordered a temporarily resumption of manufacture to satisfy all existing orders. all further production will have to ensure the covering of manufacturing-costs. therefore higher prices (up to 15%) are to be expected. all in all good news, i think. regards. juergen
p.s. the original message can be found here: www.fotolaborforum.de

paulr
1-Dec-2004, 13:31
that's good news, for now.
who is the currentt usa importer?

MIke Sherck
1-Dec-2004, 14:38
If my ancient high school German hasn't completely failed me -- whoopie!! I'd be happy to pay 15% more for Forte paper. I really like the stuff.

Mike

darter
1-Dec-2004, 16:23
Omega-Satter is the U.S. importer.

ISO 2
1-Dec-2004, 16:38
That's a breath of temporary relief.

The French Bergger 200 film is rumoured to be made by Forte: is there any link between the two? It seems to do well in fitting in bertween HP5 and FP4+. For me anyway.

neil poulsen
2-Dec-2004, 04:53
Ditto, Ilford. (I hope.)

ronald lamarsh
2-Dec-2004, 15:06
This is good news for now. As a side light the folks at Bostick and Sullivan just replied to my inquiry as to the long term prospects for bergger. to paraphrase they are committed to their products for the long term and while they will never be a huge corp. they will stay in business. Else where on this forum I have posted the good news from Efke which is basically the same. So while we may lament the loss of some great products there seem to be folks out there ready and willing to supply our needs.