View Full Version : View Camera workshop in New Orleans

Thom Bennett
30-Sep-2014, 07:29
A View Camera Workshop with Steve Simmons
Saturday, October 11, 2014
9 am to 3 pm
Ninth Ward, New Orleans

http://neworleansphotoalliance.org/event.php?id=182

The New Orleans Photo Alliance is hosting a view camera workshop on Saturday, October 11, with Steve Simmons, publisher of View Camera Magazine and juror for the “Four by Five” exhibition currently at the NOPA Gallery.

Limited to twelve participants, the group will work in the Ninth Ward photographing architecture, people and the landscape as Steve guides each photographer in the finer points of working with view cameras.

Each participant should have their own view camera. .

The workshop will be from 9 - 3, October 11. Steve will write a story about the workshop, illustrated with participant’s images, in an upcoming issue of View Camera Magazine.

Please contact Thom Bennett for more details: president@neworleansphotoallinace.org

Lane Pelissier
6-Oct-2014, 16:43
I'm just getting into LF very recently. This would be so good to go to but won't be able to make it. Will be at work that day and I have just ordered my first LF camera. Hope those that make it have a great time and that the weather cooperates!

Thom Bennett
6-Oct-2014, 17:32
Lane, if you are in New Orleans or close by we have an informal large format group that gets together every now and again to photograph and talk shop. PM me if you are interested.

Luis-F-S
7-Oct-2014, 08:46
Sorry, Thom, I'll be in Oklahoma on a shoot on Saturday. Best, Luis

tgtaylor
7-Oct-2014, 13:02
Lower Ninth Ward or Upper Ninth Ward?

Thomas

Thom Bennett
7-Oct-2014, 21:53
Luis, have a good shoot.

tgtaylor, Lower Ninth Ward where most of the rebuilding has taken place.