PDA

View Full Version : AGFA DUOSCAN T1200 on usb?

Turbolego
26-Sep-2014, 05:46
Quick question, can i use the T1200 with a USB to Printer DB25 25-Pin Parallel Port Cable Adapter?

koraks
26-Sep-2014, 14:07
No. According to the specs, it has a SCSI interface and while SCSI comes (came, in the past) with a connector that is physically identical to a parallel port connector, the two have not much else in common from a protocol viewpoint. You need a SCSI interface for this scanner.

Turbolego
26-Sep-2014, 14:11
No. According to the specs, it has a SCSI interface and while SCSI comes (came, in the past) with a connector that is physically identical to a parallel port connector, the two have not much else in common from a protocol viewpoint. You need a SCSI interface for this scanner.

Thanks.

So i can't use a SCSI to 25-pin and then a 25-pin to usb?

What is the cheapest option for making this scanner to work with a laptop?

I got this scanner from a business that was throwing away stuff, and we need a scanner for our school...
If there's no cheap solution, do you think i could trade this scanner for a cheap usb one?

Thanks in advance.

koraks
27-Sep-2014, 01:59
You may try to look for a USB SCSI adapter, but I don't think there are any that have the 25 pin connector that will match this old scanner.

Your best bet is probably to look for a second hand USB scanner. I doubt you'll find many people who are interested to trade your old SCSI scanner for an USB one; if they have the latter, they'll prefer to keep using that.