PDA

View Full Version : suggestion

lenser
8-Sep-2014, 21:26
Just a minor suggestion. I just got a communication a fellow member referring to a camera I have listed in the for sale section. Problem is, I don''t have a way of knowing which of two cameras I am offering that he is asking about. Obviously, I sent a message to him asking for clarification.

I am just wondering if there is a simple way for the title of the original post to automatically appear in any question or reference message in the notifications of communications between members. The same thing should apply to all messages since it would also benefit members who have more than one post or response in the forum when a fellow member private messages.

Hope this is helpful. Fixing it would certainly be helpful when trying to determine exactly what is being discussed in this kind of situation and how to respond.

Tim Ludwig (lenser)

StoneNYC
8-Sep-2014, 22:44
The "message" system isn't tied to any particular forum post, so this wouldn't be possible. They just have to be smart enough to include that info. Good luck with the sale!

rdenney
9-Sep-2014, 04:39
Just a minor suggestion. I just got a communication a fellow member referring to a camera I have listed in the for sale section. Problem is, I don''t have a way of knowing which of two cameras I am offering that he is asking about. Obviously, I sent a message to him asking for clarification.

I am just wondering if there is a simple way for the title of the original post to automatically appear in any question or reference message in the notifications of communications between members. The same thing should apply to all messages since it would also benefit members who have more than one post or response in the forum when a fellow member private messages.

Hope this is helpful. Fixing it would certainly be helpful when trying to determine exactly what is being discussed in this kind of situation and how to respond.

Tim Ludwig (lenser)

I've run into that, too. Unfortunately, the forum software doesn't provide that feature. Sometimes people PM us about posts, and we can't find what they are talking about, either. Ask your prospective buyer for a link to the sale posting.

Rick "who'd love a PM button that referenced a post" Denney

analoguey
9-Sep-2014, 08:52
Isnt it more a question of the person sending a PM needing to communicate better than a forum limitation? :)