PDA

View Full Version : Want a gallery space or studio space in Half Moon Bay, California?

Darin Boville
4-Sep-2014, 22:38
I have small photo gallery in a cool building in Half Moon Bay, California. It's sort of 1/2 gallery and half workshop. The owners of the building would love to get more tenants who are artists or photographers in the building--it would sort of "brand" the building as a destination. We would look into joint events/openings/open houses to leverage the fact that we have a cluster of cool places.

Rent is fairly inexpensive, several spaces are opening. Located in HMB.

If this might interested you let me know and I can tell you all the details—but we need to move fast--very fast--before it rents to someone who is a non-photographer.

--Darin

Darin Boville
13-Dec-2014, 23:13
Whatever the meaning of that post, all of the spaces have been rented...no photographers, sigh.

--Darin

angusparker
14-Dec-2014, 01:09
Whatever the meaning of that post, all of the spaces have been rented...no photographers, sigh.

--Darin

Too bad. Are you representing other LF photographers in your gallery or is it just your work?

Tim Meisburger
14-Dec-2014, 01:21
Hey Darin. I have to go to a fancy hotel in Half Moon Bay in January to do a presentation for our board. Should I take my camera? On the web it looks it might be photogenic.

richardman
14-Dec-2014, 01:55
Hey Darin. I have to go to a fancy hotel in Half Moon Bay in January to do a presentation for our board. Should I take my camera? On the web it looks it might be photogenic.

Tim, California Route 1 coastal highway is one of the most beautiful places. Just don't fall of the cliff and keep your eyes on the road :-)

tgtaylor
14-Dec-2014, 08:41
Yep, and starting with that hotel where you will be staying.

Thomas

Tim Meisburger
14-Dec-2014, 15:48
Okay. Well I'll take it then!

Drew Wiley
15-Dec-2014, 16:09
Just be aware that certain sections of Hwy 1 are prone to landslide closure in Winter, esp after significant storms like we're having right now. But you can normally
get between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz & Monterey etc without any fuss. .... Which reminds me, have you made out OK there, Darin, near the water in all this
rain? The present storms should be a pretty good indicator of the seaworthiness of your gallery location.

Darin Boville
15-Dec-2014, 19:06
Which reminds me, have you made out OK there, Darin, near the water in all this
rain? The present storms should be a pretty good indicator of the seaworthiness of your gallery location.

Just got back from my daily hike on Montara Mountain, in fact (part of a new photo project). Thought I was destined to get drenched but only got a sprinkle despite the rain-heavy clouds...

Gallery/workshop is dry....amazing but true.

--Darin

Drew Wiley
16-Dec-2014, 10:28
That's good news! Rained so hard here I just stayed indoors, one day printing, the other prepping a bathroom remodel before the tile guy comes. I have ten days
off during the upcoming holidays, and just one year to go till I retire! But I'm trying to finish all kinds of facilities projects before then, except the studio concept.

Bill Burk
16-Dec-2014, 19:28
Assuming you were out in it, that was sure a breathtaking sky over Montara Mountain today...

Darin Boville
20-Dec-2014, 04:57
Assuming you were out in it, that was sure a breathtaking sky over Montara Mountain today...

I was out on the mountain a little before sunset (my usual time) but I got caught up shooting a pair of Great Horned Owls--I was in the trees for nearly an hour with them, never saw the sky!

--Darin