PDA

View Full Version : Eastman Auto-Focus Model D - 5x7 or 6x8? or both?

Phil Gingrow
12-Aug-1999, 14:18
I have the opportunity to pick up an old Eastman A-F Model D, with an older Aristo cold light head. But, it does not have a negative carrier. Based on the size of the cold light head, Aristo calls their current production model EK57SP which covers 6x8. Is anyone familiar with this enlarger? I did find a 5x7 carrier advertised on the web, but I'm not sure if it will fit this enlarger. There are 4 adjustable blades below the negative carrier that allow image masking, so it appears I could mask down to 5x7 or 4x5. Any ideas on what would produce a 6x8 format negative? The enlarger is olive, so my guess is a military aerial camera format.

Ron_673
12-Aug-1999, 20:05
At one time back in the early 80's I owned this same model enlarger minus the cold light head. It is an extremly heavy duty (& heavry) enlarger. I had problems with the autofocus and decided to sell it and purchase an Elwood 5X7 with cold light head. I really loved the old Elwood enlarger. The negative carriers were masde of wood so I could fabricate my own carriers.