PDA

View Full Version : Omega D2V Lensboard not threaded

skytrooper
14-Aug-2014, 16:21
Hi I just picked up a couple of enlargers, one of them is a D2V. It has the flat and cone lensboard and has a plate screwed to each lensboard for what I guess you are suppose to mount the lens but neither is threaded. Its odd because the owner was quite a neat freak as I have all the paperwork for both enlargers as well as 8 lenses in the original packaging and the enlargers are like new. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jim C.
14-Aug-2014, 17:33
The enlarging lens should have a separate threaded flange that attaches to the enlargers lens board.

skytrooper
14-Aug-2014, 17:39
Yes there are disks that attach with two screws to the lensboards but their not threaded.

Jon Shiu
14-Aug-2014, 18:00
When the lens board is not threaded, which is commonly the case, a thin lock nut (or jam nut) is used to hold the lens to the lens board.

In the photo, the jam nut is the thin ring with two slots in it surrounding the lens.
Jon

lenser
14-Aug-2014, 20:21
In my 45 years of owning and using D2V's I have never seen one with a threaded lens board. They were simply cut to the correct size hole for a given lens with the rear of the lens going through the hole and the threads engaged with a flange supplied with the lens itself.

Tracy Storer
15-Aug-2014, 18:12
Sometimes they took "daughter" boards. The lens would attach to the small oblong board with notches, which would in-turn, be held by two little screws going into the main board. Darkroom is packed or I would share photos.

skytrooper
16-Aug-2014, 03:28
Thanks for all the replys. I'll have to find the right threaded washer.