PDA

View Full Version : Calumet Stainless Steel Print washer

HMG
5-Aug-2014, 19:17
I've been offered a Calumet print washer. Price TBD.

Here's what I know:

it's made of stainless steel
has 10-12 slots for paper
supposedly 11x14
doesn't say Zone VI anywhere

Waiting for a picture. But, in the meantime, I've tried searching for a "stainless steel Calumet print washer" and am coming up empty. Anyone familiar with these?

HMG
7-Aug-2014, 10:06
Looks like I have to answer my own question. :)

Searching on Calumet Print Washer was a dud. But searching images of "stainless steel print washer" finally produced a image like the seller sent me - of an Arkay. Then that led me to http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?67358-Rosy-Products-Print-Washer

So it looks like the Rosy, rebranded Arkay, and sold by Calumet.

I like the somewhat smaller size (compared to Zone VI and others), but not sure the overflow output will work in my small darkroom sink. A tube output would work better for me as I could mount it over the sink and direct the output.

John Koehrer
7-Aug-2014, 11:15
That looks like the washer made for Darkroom aids once upon a time.
When DA closed way back when, Helix began selling them. Presumably Calumet also picked them up.
A really excellent product with a pretty limited distribution.

joselsgil
16-Aug-2014, 20:29
Calumet also purchased Gravity Works and sold the film/print washers under the Calumet brand name. The Gravity Works were not made of stainless steel tho.

David A. Goldfarb
18-Aug-2014, 14:23
I've got one of those SS print washers. It seems to do what it's supposed to. I think I originally bought it from our own QT Luong.