PDA

View Full Version : Label holder source ?

Jim C.
29-Jul-2014, 15:50
I want to add a film box label holder to my calumet 6x7 roll film holder, taping the end box flap
or sleeve doesn't work because of the wrinkle finish.

Anyone know a source ?

It's one of these - 119133

SMBooth
29-Jul-2014, 16:22
What about one of those plastic key tags that open, just attach to the strap.

Jim C.
30-Jul-2014, 08:41
What about one of those plastic key tags that open, just attach to the strap.

Not sure what you're getting at, there's no strap on the roll film holder, I'd rather keep the holder labeled
since I swap cameras

mdarnton
30-Jul-2014, 09:55
That's the kind of thing that Porter's (RIP) used to carry.
Office supply places sell little adhesive plastic pockets in various sizes. For instance:
http://www.amazon.com/Cardinal-Self-Adhesive-Holders-Binders-Inches/dp/B00008XPOR

Bob Salomon
30-Jul-2014, 10:19
We use to sell them through Kaiser but they must be discontinued now for 12 or 15 years. If I could find the old catalog number I could look to see if there are any left in stock but I can't even find the number.

Jim C.
30-Jul-2014, 12:27
mdarnton, the label holders you linked to wouldn't work because of the
wrinkle finish on the roll film holder, if it did I would stick with what i'm doing now which is
using clear packing tape :)

Bob, I thought I was imagining that such a thing existed, thanks for confirming that it used to exist,
now to find some new old stock, is there an official name for those label holders ?

Bob Salomon
30-Jul-2014, 12:44
mdarnton, the label holders you linked to wouldn't work because of the
wrinkle finish on the roll film holder, if it did I would stick with what i'm doing now which is
using clear packing tape :)

Bob, I thought I was imagining that such a thing existed, thanks for confirming that it used to exist,
now to find some new old stock, is there an official name for those label holders ?

I think they were catalog number 206500 in the USA and just 6500 in other countries, but it has been a long time.

I don't think you could still find these, I just checked our old Kaiser catalogs and it was last in one in 1995. So, even if you can find some, I would doubt the adhesive, after all these years, would still be up to the job.

Instead, if I wanted to do this and had holders already that do not stay stuck, I would go to a good hardware store or industrial supply house and get some of the permanent foam backed double sided material, or tape, and put that on the holders that I already have. That foam base will help it stick to the pebbled grain of your backs.

Or, to put in a plug, get Linhof Super Rollex backs. They have a white panel on the back side that lets you write on them with a pencil! And they do hold film flat!

John Kasaian
30-Jul-2014, 14:03
It should be easy enough to form one out of brass shim stock or beer can, a spritz of black lacquer and then Duco cement it into place. Or go to a hardware store and see it they have any fittings for file cabinets/organizers that would work.

Jac@stafford.net
30-Jul-2014, 14:15
White gaffer's tape. Write on it. It will stick, and will not leave tape residue when you remove it.

Jim C.
30-Jul-2014, 15:45
I don't think you could still find these, I just checked our old Kaiser catalogs and it was last in one in 1995. So, even if you can find some, I would doubt the adhesive, after all these years, would still be up to the job.

Instead, if I wanted to do this and had holders already that do not stay stuck, I would go to a good hardware store or industrial supply house and get some of the permanent foam backed double sided material, or tape, and put that on the holders that I already have. That foam base will help it stick to the pebbled grain of your backs.

Or, to put in a plug, get Linhof Super Rollex backs. They have a white panel on the back side that lets you write on them with a pencil! And they do hold film flat!

Old adhesive isn't an issue, that's easy enough to remove, I have 3M auto trim tape, it ain't coming off when I do find some of those label holders :)

WOW ! I Don't think I can afford those Linhof Super Rollex backs.

Jac@stafford.net
30-Jul-2014, 17:09

If you are handy to repair stuff I will give you one that does not advance properly. I have a whole shop to divest.

AtlantaTerry
31-Jul-2014, 23:42
http://www.shoplet.com/C-line-Self-Adhesive-Ring-Binder-Label-Holders/CLI70035/spdv

Jac@stafford.net
2-Aug-2014, 11:10

Jim, your mailbox is full.
Need to write to you.

Lenny Eiger
2-Aug-2014, 11:22
Of course, you could standardize on a particular film....

;-)

Lenny