PDA

View Full Version : LF photograohers in ATlanta...are there any groups?

stradibarrius
28-Jul-2014, 07:15
I have been involve in photography her in te Atlanta area for several years. I have tried, with no real success, to find some active LF folks that get together shot n teach each other. I haave been to many of thephoto shops, photo club meetings etc. but no cigar. You would think that a city the size of Atlanta would have a group of active LF shooters.
If you can pass on any information to me I sure would appreciate it.

Bob Salomon
28-Jul-2014, 07:47
Ask Jeff at Quality Camera behind Tech.

Jmarmck
28-Jul-2014, 10:01
Did you try asking the Showcase Photo people?

Brian C. Miller
28-Jul-2014, 10:15
From a Google search of the forum, in and around Atlanta: Jim Michael, buggz, JWebb, CameraMan65.

Harold_4074
28-Jul-2014, 13:06
I think that the "atl" in user atlcruiser is also the Atlanta area.

A couple of years ago I donated some equipment to a school that teaches photography in or near Atlanta; I'll see if I can dig up the contact information (teachers tend to be alert to such things).

Somebody must have an informed opinion.

JimBarbour
28-Jul-2014, 16:54
I'm the ATL area. I don't know of any LF groups, but I'd be interested too.

angusparker
28-Jul-2014, 19:40
Consider starting a MeetUp group - bet you'll get people crawling out if the woodwork.... The one in the Bay Area is quite active.

ImSoNegative
29-Jul-2014, 06:55
I stayed near Atlanta a while back and I couldn't find anything either, there was a photo club near where I was living at the time so I went one night and they was teaching a class on sensor cleaning, I couldn't find my sensor so I figured this club wasn't for me :p

ImSoNegative
29-Jul-2014, 06:56
I am about 2 hours north maybe we could all meet up and shoot sometime

stradibarrius
29-Jul-2014, 12:11
Anyone in the Atlanta area that would be interested in a LF group, you can send me a PM here or respond to this post.
I know Ann Clancy and she is a very good photographer and teacher but she primarily shoots digital now. I have never spoke to Jeff at quality cameras but I will check with him...thanks for that tip.

Bob Salomon
29-Jul-2014, 12:55
Anyone in the Atlanta area that would be interested in a LF group, you can send me a PM here or respond to this post.
I know Ann Clancy and she is a very good photographer and teacher but she primarily shoots digital now. I have never spoke to Jeff at quality cameras but I will check with him...thanks for that tip.

Should also check with PPR as well.

Corran
29-Jul-2014, 13:06
While I don't live in the Atlanta area anymore I am up there semi-regularly to visit family or just spend time in the mountains. So figured I'd post here in case y'all plan something :D

JimBarbour
29-Jul-2014, 16:08

I'm interested.

Thanks!

trumil9
29-Jul-2014, 16:27
I will forward this message to friend who is living close to Atlanta. Will be interested for sure.

ImSoNegative
29-Jul-2014, 17:44
Im in

Jmarmck
29-Jul-2014, 18:10
I would be but it is a bit far. 3 hr drive. Weekends might be doable. Besides I need to get to Maple Street Guitars more often.

stradibarrius
31-Jul-2014, 07:22
George at Maple Street Guitars is a great guy. He has played several of the guitars I made and even had a couple in his shop for sale several years ago.
Those who are interested what general area of Atlanta/GA are you located? I live in Monroe which is about half way between the city and Athens going out Hwy 78 past SStone Mountain Park.

JWebb
31-Jul-2014, 08:22
Would be interested..Johns Creek area

JimBarbour
31-Jul-2014, 17:01
George at Maple Street Guitars is a great guy. He has played several of the guitars I made and even had a couple in his shop for sale several years ago.
Those who are interested what general area of Atlanta/GA are you located? I live in Monroe which is about half way between the city and Athens going out Hwy 78 past SStone Mountain Park.

I'm on the west side (Dallas), bit I don't mind driving a bit.

ImSoNegative
1-Aug-2014, 05:55
I'm on the west side (Dallas), bit I don't mind driving a bit.

i live in blue ridge, hour and a half north, anyone ever been up here?

JimBarbour
1-Aug-2014, 15:03
i live in blue ridge, hour and a half north, anyone ever been up here?

I was up at Long Creek Falls with the Wista a few weeks ago.

JWebb
2-Aug-2014, 05:37
Somewhere off Aska rd not too long ago. Then a late lunch at the Depot in Ellijay.

Zndrson
7-Aug-2014, 14:58
I'm in as well. I'm up in Marietta. There's a film photography group that gets together monthly in ATL. There was a LF meetup a couple months ago, but I think that was a one and done instance.

Petzval Paul
15-Aug-2014, 19:40
I'm in stone mountain. I just putting the finishing touches on my studio (it's on my property here) and if anyone wants to shoot some wet plates, just let me know. It would be nice having some company :)

stradibarrius
16-Aug-2014, 10:23
Petzval Paul, You are the closest to me for sure! I'm on out 78 in Monroe. One of my friends is shooting wet plate. He is trying to get me into it.

buggz
16-Aug-2014, 20:59
I'm in Ellenwood, I would like to meet with similar minded people and gear.
It would have to be on the weekends.

stradibarrius
19-Nov-2014, 16:42
I would still like to form a group but between now and the 1st of the year is going to be difficult for me...

esearing
4-Jan-2015, 13:49
I would still like to form a group but between now and the 1st of the year is going to be difficult for me...

Late to the party but I would like to join when y'all get together. I'm in Johns creek/Suwanee area.

Note: There were some members of the Roswell Photo Society that shot LF a few years back also.

Roger Cole
7-Jan-2015, 03:56
I wish I had time. I might have a bit more time soon. I'm in Lawrenceville, pretty close to Barry.

JWebb
7-Jan-2015, 18:37
I'm in Johns Creek, hopefully it'll warm up a little this weekend, thinking about heading over to Roswell mill or maybe the greenway of Mcfarland.