PDA

View Full Version : Gandolfi 5x7 traditional lensboards

Isaac Crawford
8-Nov-2004, 12:58
Does anyone know of a source for either used or generic equivalents of the Gandolfi 5x7 traditional lensboards? I checked Badger graphic, and the new ones are running $105, ouch! They have a rather unusual size of 110mm X 92mm. I don't think that any other large manufacturer uses that size... Any help would be appreciated!

Isaac

Michael Jones
8-Nov-2004, 16:16
Isaac:

I would check with either Richard Ritter or a skilled woodworker to see if they can make them for you. I had a 5x7 Traditional and felt the sting. Mine had a bevel along one 110 mm side to ensure the board stayed locked in place, so make sure you provide for any such "features" on your boards. (I have an older 8x10 that does not have that bevel; go figure.) Otherwise, just bite the bullet and have Badger sell you ones in a finish that matches your camera. Good luck.

Isaac Crawford
8-Nov-2004, 21:35
I'd be happy with just the plain old black ones... I've got a local source that can probably make them, have to see what the difference in price would be. This really puts a crimp into my plans, I over extended myself a little bit just to get the camera, I wasn't anticipating an extra 3-4 hundred more just for lens boards. I guess I've been spoiled by the relative commoness of the Horseman/Sinar boards on the used market. Oh well, I'll figure something out...

Isaac

www.homepage.mac.com/isaacc7