PDA

View Full Version : fine grain developer for foma iso 100 4x5 film

zsolt
18-Jul-2014, 21:49
Hi everyone!
i use foma iso 100 film.i develop it in perceptol 1+3.
would anyone have a better sollution/idea to reach those fine(maybe even finer) grains?
what could work best with the foma?
Thanks in advance!
attila

Leigh
18-Jul-2014, 21:59
When I want really fine grain I use Acufine.

- Leigh

zsolt
18-Jul-2014, 23:43
Thanks Leigh!
going to give it a try at the local shop(gent,belgium)to order.
everything for "those fine grains":)
Thanks again!
attila

Regular Rod
19-Jul-2014, 01:16
Hi everyone!
i use foma iso 100 film.i develop it in perceptol 1+3.
would anyone have a better sollution/idea to reach those fine(maybe even finer) grains?
what could work best with the foma?
Thanks in advance!
attila

OBSIDIAN AQUA is remarkable for delivering very fine grain and sharpness, which is quite a feat...

Here's how I make it up (after guidance from Jay DeFehr its inventor) http://freepdfhosting.com/aa330a94ce.pdf

This is on FOMAPAN 100 8x10 with OBSIDIAN AQUA...
http://u1.ipernity.com/24/04/27/15500427.22e2bc1e.jpg

RR

D-tach
19-Jul-2014, 01:36
Thanks Leigh!
going to give it a try at the local shop(gent,belgium)to order.
everything for "those fine grains":)
Thanks again!
attila

Please don't go to Foto Shop Gent if that's where you intend to go - they're pretty lame. The boss behaves like Basil Fawlty but not in a funny way :-) I once bought a Mamyia C330 there and afterwards it appeared the shutter got stuck 1 in 4 times - it took like 3 months before he wanted to pay me back. They're more expensive then Fotoguy in Brussels or online shops like Macodirect or Nordfoto. Enjoy the Gentse Feesten!

zsolt
19-Jul-2014, 16:10
large format photographer from Aalst!!look at that!
:)
Greetings Tom!!
Thanks for your answer!
uhummmm...
basil fawlty:) HAHA!!yes,the analog things are not their "main profile" so to speak..they are more like making digi prints,and having cameras and film-chem. for sale..
there is zero chance to find another shop in gent,with chemicals..and i nearly never go to brxll..and they were kind to me all the time(but maybe thats cause i cant understand them well:) )
going to check the shops you just told.Thanks!
im not planning to go to the feesten..im not a big drinker,dont have much friends here,and have different taste for music:)
so im planning to make a photo trip around DOK instead..its better like this for all.
interesting photographs Tom!
looks like a beautiful travel diary.
Keep it up!

zsolt
19-Jul-2014, 18:06
Thanks for the idea!
i got books with recepies,but i just want to buy a developer,and develop my film.
got too many projects in front of me,and just 1 body..
but AALL my Respect!!

angusparker
19-Jul-2014, 19:31
XTOL works wonders on most regular films - bit more expensive if you use it one shot but it's quite easy to find.

Domingo A. Siliceo
22-Jul-2014, 11:53
I've developed some Foma 100 with Perceptol and results are very nice IMO. I don't know what kind of enlargements you plan to print, but Foma + Perceptol grain is not easy to see.

siuling337
3-Aug-2014, 21:38
Thanks for the sharing.

zsolt
4-Aug-2014, 02:18
Thanks everyone for the help!
im planning to make 1meter x 1.40 meter prints,and just wanted to ask opinions about the finest grain possible.
perceptol result is nice,no doubt,i was just wondering if there is something,what you would suggest as "better"..
Thanks Everyone for your time,and kindness!!
enjoy the day!
its a wonderful weather here..lets go out to capture something on film!
:)
thanks again!

analoguey
4-Aug-2014, 03:36
Post the results here once you're done!

Lenny Eiger
4-Aug-2014, 09:02
XTOL works wonders on most regular films - bit more expensive if you use it one shot but it's quite easy to find.

+1

Just don't overdevelop it...

Lenny

alexn
13-Aug-2014, 04:11
Don't use Rodinal.. I've been using Rodinal with Fomapan 100 and while the sharpness is great I get a lot of grain... visible in prints 11x14 and up. Even when diluting to 1:200 and stand developing for 2 hours I still get grain... I'm going to be trying either XTOL or Accufine.. if that doesn't work out then I'll be changing films...

zsolt
15-Aug-2014, 00:23
Thanks for the information Lenny and Alexn!!
im triing in geneal not to overdevelop.and i wont even try rodinal..
Thanks Guys!!
its a really helpful forum!!