PDA

View Full Version : fake Cokin p filters questions

rakkir
15-Jul-2014, 16:49
Does anyone have any experience with these fake Cokin P filters on ebay like this one (there are a lot of sellers)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-in1-Graduated-ND2-4-8-16-Filter-Set-52mm-58mm-77mm-Adapter-Ring-For-Cokin-/161078706344?pt=Camera_Filters&hash=item25810a00a8
i am interested in using them on black and white film so color casts are ok.

Corran
15-Jul-2014, 19:21
The adapters / rings are fine.
The filters themselves are junk. They are just plastic. I bought a couple way back when I was just trying out GND filters for the first time. They definitely do have color casts but more importantly in your case yes, they did degrade the quality a little bit. Might be worth it to try it out though - it wasn't much - but be aware they will flare like crazy so block the sun appropriately.

Preston
15-Jul-2014, 20:53
Honestly, why put a cheap filter on a great lens? As Bryan mentioned, you will see the degradation on your film. The Cokin holders and the adapter rings are of decent quality--I've used one for a long time for GND filters. In my opinion, buy good quality filters now, and save yourself from having to throw good money after bad later on.

--P

Alan Gales
16-Jul-2014, 09:22
You can find quality used Cokin P filters and adapters cheap on Ebay. I'd skip the cheap fakes.

Welcome to the forum!