PDA

View Full Version : SilverFast Ai Studio 8??

stradibarrius
4-Jul-2014, 17:02
If you have experience with this version of Silver Fast is it better than the free SilverFast that came with my Epson V700? I like the epson scan software better than the free silverfast.
Before I buy the Studio Ai 8 version I would like to know if it is a superior product. Also is the learning curve reasonable or do you need to be a software engineer to use it effectively?

B.S.Kumar
4-Jul-2014, 20:42
When I was scanning film, I found SilverFast a bit complicated to use, and preferred VueScan. You can download a trial. I now use a Betterlight scanning back most of the time.

Kumar

Peter Gomena
4-Jul-2014, 23:17
I've used SilverFast for a decade and still have mixed feelings about it. It is good software, but a bit overcomplicated and kludgy. Once you learn its ins and outs, it is very good indeed. The upgrade from the free version is worth the extra cost, in my opinion. Expect to spend some time learning the software. Be sure to check out the SilverFast website for helpful tutorials on functions such as batch processing, sharpening and scratch/dust removal.