View Full Version : Eversmart pro 2 / Ratoc / Oxygen 2.3.5

rubenbrulat
1-Jul-2014, 13:33
Hello again,

I have an issue installing the Eversmart with a G5, to be clear, config here :

Eversmart PRO 2
G5 / 10.4.11
Current scsi 5/ Terminator 5
Connection with Ratoc FR1SX adapter (n: FR10H000xxx) /w an AC adapter.

I installed the oxygen 2.3.5 (thanks to sanking!)
and been putting the FR1utility (the one from their site here (http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/download/driver/firerex1_mac10.html)) but with no luck which i think is were the problem is from. Basically i can't get it working... Which makes it logical if the oxygen soft doesn't find the scanner.

Here is the errors i am getting, i do all the steps to set up the ratoc from the read me files until this happens and then can't interact with the window for example upgrading or downgrading the fr1 soft.

If anybody as an idea. Feel free to let me know.

Thanks already !

Ruben

Kimberly Anderson
1-Jul-2014, 13:43
This won't help, but I also did NOT get the FR1utility to work with my Ratoc adapter either. Are you in the Eversmart group on Facebook? Those guys are sharp.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/95346099870/

rubenbrulat
1-Jul-2014, 13:52
Hey,

Thanks for the tip on facebook Michael. Did you had the same config ?

Kimberly Anderson
1-Jul-2014, 14:13
I downloaded the Ratoc utility and couldn't get it to even open or try to install. You got much farther than I did. My solution? Use my SCSI Eversmart Pro on my Mac G4 with a SCSI card... I never could get it to work with the RATOC. Then I did find another Firewire converter made by 2nd Wave. It has worked flawlessly with my G5 tower and my G4 tower running OSX.

Configuration? I'd have to fire up the computers and find out. I'm away from them at the moment. I can look if you'd like me to later.

rubenbrulat
1-Jul-2014, 14:18
Alright, no worries for the config, just that it seems other people have been making it work with that exact configuration.

GEM
1-Jul-2014, 14:56
Hi Ruben,

The reason the FR1 utility is not working is because the firmware, on the RATOC converter, is too old to work with OSX 10.4.x. You need to download the the older version of RATOC FR1 utility for OSX 10.3 or older. You can find the older utility on the RATOC Systems website. The real challenge is that you need to open this older utility in an appropriate Mac OS environment (e.g. OS 10.2 or OS 9). Once you are communicating with the RATOC on the older MAC OS, you can upgrade the RATOC firmware to 1.33. After the RATOC firmware has been upgraded, you will be able to open the FR1 utility on your OS 10.4.11 Mac and see the RATOC firewire converter.

The only other option is to find another RATOC converter with the newer firmware already installed.

Best Regards,
Michael

rubenbrulat
2-Jul-2014, 01:59
Hey michael,

Thanks a lot, i will do that and let you know ! Hopefully it will work !

Bests,

Ruben