PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Parts for Dynatran Tripods

Louis Smith
1-Nov-2004, 09:31
Where can replacement parts be ordered? I need new legs for 2 tripods, not a whole new set of tripods. Or am I better off making them myself out of conduit pipe?

Thanks!

Louis

Gem Singer
1-Nov-2004, 15:39
Hi Louis,

Who makes the Dynatran Tripod? I have been unable to find any information about that brand name on the internet. Is it, perhaps, a re-branded version of another make of tripod?

Louis Smith
1-Nov-2004, 15:50
Thanks for responding! "Maker" is unknown... seller was AMVONA, but they want to sell me a whole new stand.. the legs are 27" long, just over 3/4" dia; mounting hole 3/8" from top; support leg hole at 16 1/4" from top.. the upright is a 3-section, air-shock tower with the 1/4 turn locks. Standard 3 leg, 2 "side brace" flat bars ( 1/2" by 12") to each leg from base. All attached with screws, so easy to replace if I could find the parts... I was seriously considering buying 1/2" conduit, painting it, and using that as replacement legs.. .I'd rather have the real aluminum tube, but it isn't worth $100 to replace the whole thing!

Appreciate the help!

Louis

Frank Petronio
1-Nov-2004, 18:47
Sounds like an Asian import from a minor brand - you might do better "rolling your own."

Gem Singer
2-Nov-2004, 06:46
Sounds like it's time to purchase a new tripod. This time get a Gitzo, or a Bogen/Manfrotto model that is specified for large format.

Rod Adams
15-Dec-2004, 10:28
I have bought several of the dynatran tripods. I use one for my Bronica, One for my nikon, and one for my Canon GL2. I like them because they are heavy. I have had no problems with them. Somtimes buying a name is not all it's cracked up to be. I trust these with my eqiupment which is not inexspensive! Have a great day!