PDA

View Full Version : Need plastic display envelopes or packaging for 5x7 prints...

Larry Kellogg
30-May-2014, 07:12
Hello,
I'm trying to find a plastic envelope, or some kind of packaging that will allow me to sell some of my 5x7 prints in a gift store. I can't afford to spend a lot of money on the packaging. It would be good if the envelope, or four-sided flap enclosure was transparent so that people could see one of the prints.

Any ideas where I can find something like this? I tried Talas but everything seems to be too expensive.

Thanks,

Larry

Vaughn
30-May-2014, 07:22
http://www.clearbags.com/bags/clear-bags/flap-seal/5-1-8-x-7-flap-crystal-clear-130x178.html

7 cents each.

Or sligthly wider to make it easy to get print in:

http://www.clearbags.com/5-1-4-x-7-1-8-flap-crystal-clear-133x181.html

Larry Kellogg
30-May-2014, 08:03
Thanks, that looks like just the thing, but does each bag hold only one print? I was thinking of selling maybe five in a pack. I will be printing on fibre paper.

Larry

Vaughn
30-May-2014, 08:22
Matted or not? At 7 cents each, put each matted print in its own bag. Come on -- we are talking pennies here.

Larry Kellogg
30-May-2014, 08:33
Matted or not? At 7 cents each, put each matted print in its own bag. Come on -- we are talking pennies here.

Not matted. It's not the cost, it's a matter of packaging for sale. I don't know if I should sell individually or in small packets, but it would be nice to have a little flexibility. I just don't know how many fibre prints will fit in one of those bags.

Vaughn
30-May-2014, 08:57
The first bag should be able to hold a greeting card and its envelope, the second a window matted print...and based on that thickness, should hold 5 sheets of fiber photo paper.

You just have to decide if you want to seal them, have an open end, etc. How are people going to know what the other prints look like? What are they going to do with the un-mounted prints? (Rhetorical questions)

Buy a couple sizes if you are not sure. At $7.00 each for 100 bags, you can't go wrong. Good luck!

Larry Kellogg
30-May-2014, 09:28
Too bad it will cost $18 in shipping to get a $7 item. They charge $11 for UPS Ground and a $7 handling fee for orders less than $40. Sigh. There must be a place in New York City that has these bags.

Vaughn
30-May-2014, 10:10
That's why I suggested getting a couple different sizes....the shipping/handling costs should remain the same. You might contact other sellers of greeting cards or small prints in your area and get up a group order. Or order 6 packs and sell off the extra at your cost...or profit (you will be getting one pack 'free' since there will be no handling fee).

But even buying one 100-envelope package, it is only 25 cents each. Add 25 cents to the cost to the customer and you are covered. If you package in groups of 5, then that is only 5 cents per print for packaging. Again...we are talking pennies here.

Eric Biggerstaff
30-May-2014, 18:01
Larry,

Archival Methods will have what you want and they are out of New York state (Rochester I believe).

Ginette
1-Jun-2014, 22:41
Thanks, that looks like just the thing, but does each bag hold only one print? I was thinking of selling maybe five in a pack. I will be printing on fibre paper.

Larry
If the 5 prints are the same image, you can pack it together but if it is 5 differents images, you must go with individual bag because people will wish to see all and will need to manipulate prints. Unless you have a demo set to be manipuled and the selling sets are bagged.

woodslucas
19-Jan-2016, 22:11
I have seen some companies providing 6x4 prints in thin white card cut corner envelopes. I have a closet full of matted images ranging from 11x14, 16x20's and 20x24's as well as a few other irregulars.

Roger Thoms
20-Jan-2016, 08:38
Just did a search on Ebay using "clear photo sleeves" 180 hits, first one is 100 5x7 $5.95 free shipping. I often find eBay useful for buying small inexpensive things like this. Just because seller often have good prices and free shipping.

Roger