PDA

View Full Version : Replace/Repair 3880 pull out print tray?

Darin Boville
15-May-2014, 22:42
Can these things be easily replaced or repaired? Don't see an obvious way to take the part off.

My cat jumped off a shelf and landed on an extended print tray on one of my 3880s. The silver folding cover came off--the little nipple that holds it on has sheared away.

Thoughts on fixes?

Jim Jones
16-May-2014, 05:43
My 3800 works fine without the silver folding tray which broke off long ago. I could probably improvise a repair, but don't see the need.

Doug Fisher
16-May-2014, 07:25
Rod at www.compassmicro.com can usually get parts for these. I have not idea what that part will cost but I was surprised at how cheap the rear paper support tray was to replace on my 3800. Give him a call or email him. No affiliation with Rod and CompassMicro except that I know he has helped me and a number of others get Epson parts.

Doug Fisher

Darin Boville
19-May-2014, 15:30
Rod at www.compassmicro.com can usually get parts for these. I have not idea what that part will cost but I was surprised at how cheap the rear paper support tray was to replace on my 3800. Give him a call or email him. No affiliation with Rod and CompassMicro except that I know he has helped me and a number of others get Epson parts.

Doug Fisher

Hey Doug,

I took your advice and contacted Rod at Compass Micro. Wow--this guy is huge on customer service. Rapid, detailed responses over a $20 part. Amazing customer service.

Thanks for the advice.

--Darin