PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing hardware to make adapter boards?

Craig Tuffin
12-May-2014, 17:59
I'm looking at making my own Sinar to Technika and Toyo to Technika adapters for my cameras but can't find where to source the hardware for them...such as the slide locking mechanism etc115299.

Any suggestions?

vinny
12-May-2014, 18:10
Ebay

I've made all my adapters from scratch so I can't help further. I think I should make a few adapters for sale here. I understand why folks don't want to pay $300 for them.

Craig Tuffin
12-May-2014, 18:22
Ok thanks Vinny...that makes sense but what are the 'bits' actually called so I can do a reasonable search? I plan on laser cutting acrylic for the body of the adapters.

David E. Rose
12-May-2014, 18:35
I have made a couple of these adapters. I used brass strips for the slide lock, drilling two round holes at 45 degrees and using a jeweler's file to turn the openings into slots. Small brass screws and brass and nylon washers complete the hardware. All of these are available from a hobby store.

joselsgil
12-May-2014, 23:02
Try McMaster-Carr. Not sure what the shipping cost to Oz would be. Their catalog and or web site is full of items that can be useful in making your own lens boards.

Leigh
13-May-2014, 01:01
I usually grab "weirdo to Technika" adapters when they appear, which is fairly often.
An adapter for an odd-ball camera usually sparks very little interest, so they're cheap.

The hardware is easily removed and mounted on a clean board with the proper diameter hole.

- Leigh

Craig Tuffin
13-May-2014, 01:09
Great suggestions all...thank you very much!