PDA

View Full Version : Hello from planet Earth!

Charris
29-Apr-2014, 13:12
Hello!

I have just taken the plunge into 4x5 photography. I recently purchased a Linhof Technika iii, just developed my first 2 negs tonight. I find it so much more pleasurable than Digital and 35mm already.

I am new to this forum and forgive my ignorance but what is the best channel to query a problem with camera equipment or processing?

I will be blogging my 4x5 journey at calumharris.com

Cheers!

Dan Fromm
29-Apr-2014, 13:18
Planet Earth? I've always thought its name was Planet Dirt.

More seriously, good luck, have fun.

Charris
29-Apr-2014, 13:24
Planet dirt and water is an accurate description of Earth.

Cheers!

Brian C. Miller
29-Apr-2014, 13:40
Welcome, Charris! The best way to get an answer to a problem is first take a look at the articles on the LFP home page, then do a search, either a forum or Google search, and if you don't find an answer, then of course go ahead an ask a question on the appropriate forum.

Great to hear that you've already dove into the process! Getting one's hands wet is a hurdle for many new people. Please post your pics in the image sharing section!

Charris
30-Apr-2014, 13:05
Thanks Brian!

I have been involved with Photography since i was 13. Had been through College with photography and was doing it professionally for a year before i had a 21 year old crises and sold all my equipment during a trip in Tokyo. I joined the Navy then went back to University. Now i am working at a Bank and have found Photography again. More specifically Large format photography. 25 years old and have rediscovered my love as a photographer! I need to be a professional again!

Cheers!