PDA

View Full Version : Durst AC1200 Recommendations?

Luis-F-S
31-Mar-2014, 19:40
There is a Durst AC1200 enlarger complete with all the masks, 3 lenses, and lots of goodies within reasonable driving distance at a good price. My question is this: I'll only be using it for B&W printing. Is it possible to use this head in the manual mode since I have no idea if the "control center" or whatever Durst calls it is in working order? I would have preferred a VLS501 head, but every Durst I can find is half a country away. I presently have a 5x7 Durst and an LPL 4500. I know the build quality of the Durst and thought it may be a better fit for me than the LPL. Suggestions? Thanks, L

munz6869
31-Mar-2014, 20:29
I have the GIANT controller with probe and everything for mine, and invariably, all I ever use is the thing in 'timer' setting for b&w, doing test strips the way I always have. I use the colour head for contrast control, and I love the way the timer doesn't open the lamp shutter 'till it's warmed to temperature.

My favourite enlarger ever. I really must do colour one day...

Marc!

Luis-F-S
31-Mar-2014, 22:03
Hi Marc,

Can you explain how the "timer" setting works? That's what I'm curious about. Thanks! L