PDA

View Full Version : Chromegatrol replacement Timer Lpl Et-500 Digital

Nino Grangetto
13-Mar-2014, 13:31
My chromegatrol stopped working and I get a Timer Lpl Et-500 Digital for replacement. I can attach this timer to my Chromega D5 enlarger with color head? Someone with experience can answer me.
I live in Argentina and it is very difficult because of restriction policies purchases abroad both repair and buy one for replacement. Thank you very much for your help and greetings from Argentina

ic-racer
13-Mar-2014, 14:26
The Chromegatrol has a built-in ferroresonant transformer that powers the enlarger's 22.5V lamp; so it functions as both a timer and a power supply. You will still need a 22.5V power supply if you use another timer.

AJ Edmondson
13-Mar-2014, 14:48
The Chromegatrol also came with a "piggyback" timer which attached to the top. Are you having problems with the Chromegatrol or the timer? The timers are prone to failure even though the power supply is still OK. Most timers can still be used with the Chromegatrol as the power supply for the light source... short answer, if the power supply is still working (light powers on) you should be ok with a different timer.

Joel

ic-racer
13-Mar-2014, 17:15
The Chromegatrol also came with a "piggyback" timer which attached to the top.

Just so we are on the same page, this is the Chromegatrol. It is an integrated regulated power supply and electronic timer. Nothing sits on top. The power supply pictured in post #2 is the power supply needed if the original poster is going to use another timer.

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-coll/manuals/enlargers/omega/chromegatrol-schema.jpg

Nino Grangetto
13-Mar-2014, 17:25
If the correct image is possibly older, light-colored but with the same control knobs.
What fails is the timer, so it can continue to use the power supply with another timer. Thank you very much both for the prompt reply.