PDA

View Full Version : Favorite paper

ignatiusjk
2-Mar-2014, 12:20
I've been using Ilford Gold Silk paper to print exibition quality prints and i've been very happy with it but I was wondering what all of you like to use.I use a Epson 3800 printer on Premium semi gloss paper setting.B&W's look good as do color prints. So what paper do you use or reccomend.

Noah B
3-Mar-2014, 14:55
I like ink press matte paper for making proofs of 30x40 or 40x50 prints, it's really cheap and gets you in the ball park of what your contrast will be etc. Recently I've been printing on Epson Semi matte, which I'm liking a lot. It has the look of a C-print and the tonality is good. My favorite paper is Canson Baryta, but it's really curly which is a pain in the ass. The best paper I've seen (it's a little pricy), is Canson Platine Fibre Rag. It has similar surface quality to silver gelatin fiber prints, which is nice. Gold Fibre silk is a good paper, kinda like canson baryta except less curly.

Larry Gebhardt
3-Mar-2014, 15:12
Canson Platine Fibre Rag. I use a 3880.

gevalia
4-Mar-2014, 17:26
Canson Platine Fibre Rag. I use a 3880.

+1

invisibleflash
4-Mar-2014, 20:21
Hahn FineArt Baryta or Hahn Ultra Smooth matte.

I like the aforementioned papers but they are too delicate for me. US matte is delicate as well so don't do much with it anymore.

rjphil
5-Mar-2014, 08:02
Canson Platine also. Epson 7900, usually in the Adv B/W mode. I use Canson Baryta a lot for clients, but it is curly from the rolls - I use sheets whenever possible.

bob carnie
5-Mar-2014, 08:03
Art 300 for silver gelatin

Epson Natural hot press for Inkjet.

JMB
6-Mar-2014, 10:55
Slavich Bromportrait and Unibrom

The Bromportait in particular seems to have a lot of silver chloride and prints beautifully --and much cheaper than Ilford and other alternatives. A real sleeper in my view.