PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid question!

Northstar
28-Feb-2014, 15:56
Hello! I have just bought my first ever large format camera!

I have a polaroid back, it's fully loaded with film, I was wondering if it's possible to takes the polaroid cartridge out of the back without damaging more than 1 sheet?

The reason being I have a different type of polaroid I'm keen to try, and don't have a second darkslide for it. And I'm keen not to trash what is already loaded.

photonsoup
28-Feb-2014, 17:20
I assume it's pack film. Take the holder in the dark room, open it up and remove the pack, put it in some type of light tight container. It should be fine, putting it back in the holder in the dark may prove interesting if you do not have any prior experience with it. good luck.

Northstar
3-Mar-2014, 07:34
Hi!

Yes indeed it's a pack film. I figured that might be the only way! If I took it out in daylight, would it ruin just the once sheet?

DrTang
3-Mar-2014, 11:31
Hi!

Yes indeed it's a pack film. I figured that might be the only way! If I took it out in daylight, would it ruin just the once sheet?

I've done that before and only wrecked the one sheet - but I was quick into and out of camera bag with it and it was overcast out