PDA

View Full Version : In a bind...Need 3rd Party Help for Canvas Job - Quick!

Jim Cole
27-Feb-2014, 12:55
Well, this is typical. I just started breaking down my lab for an interstate move and one of my resellers got authorization for a project that I had given up on over 6 months ago. I even sold the roll of canvas I bought to print it with.

I now have a two week delivery time, need three 39"x39" (36x36 face with 3" mirrored wrap border) varnished canvas prints and I haven't had anyone print my work for 8 years.

I had West Coast Imaging do all my prints until 8 years ago, but haven't spoken to them since. These do not need to be stretched. The art house will do that.

Can I please get some recommendations for someone who may be able to do the work. This is a high profile install, so the quality of work needs to be high.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

William Whitaker
27-Feb-2014, 13:14
Since you're moving, don't leave a forwarding address.

Sorry, I realize I'm not helping at all!

Jim Andrada
27-Feb-2014, 16:26
Whether you've used them in 8 years or not, I'd give them a call. By the way, wouldn't it be 42 x 42 if you have a 3 inch border all around 36 x 36 face. I guess your concern would be whether they're as good as they were then. Only one way to find out I suppose.

I had a local outfit in Tucson (Reproduction Inc) do a couple of canvas prints for me. They were good, but not sure I'd say they were extraordinary. As I recall it was around $210 for a 40 by 60 canvas print.

Jim Cole
27-Feb-2014, 18:55
Whether you've used them in 8 years or not, I'd give them a call. By the way, wouldn't it be 42 x 42 if you have a 3 inch border all around 36 x 36 face. I guess your concern would be whether they're as good as they were then. Only one way to find out I suppose.

I had a local outfit in Tucson (Reproduction Inc) do a couple of canvas prints for me. They were good, but not sure I'd say they were extraordinary. As I recall it was around $210 for a 40 by 60 canvas print.

Yeah, Jim, you're right. A minor mental misfire there on the sizing. I'm going to work with a guy I've seen around for a few years over on Luminous Landscape who owns a print shop and looks more than capable. This should all work out just fine.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Jim Andrada
27-Feb-2014, 20:04
Best of luck. A large canvas gallery wrap is pretty impressive. Quite different from a traditional (well, silver or ink jet tradition) print, and I was skeptical when my framer suggested it, but it worked well in the space.

Lenny Eiger
28-Feb-2014, 15:55
We do all kinds of printing here at EigerStudios. I'd be glad to help...

Lenny

Jim Cole
28-Feb-2014, 19:19
Lenny,

Thanks for your offer to help. I already have someone helping me out. I'll keep you in mind for future emergencies.