PDA

View Full Version : 3800 wicking black ink!?!?

colaidian
20-Feb-2014, 08:12
Hi,
my 3800 is going thru black ink at the rate of a cartridge a month, even though i print only four or five small prints a month.
it doesn't read empty, but the black ink doesn't print, and when i pull the cart, it is empty!
its got to be wicking out.
anyone else have this issue and if so, anyone know a fix?
i sure would hate to discard this printer, i love it.
thanks for any and all help,
george

djdister
20-Feb-2014, 08:33
So, if each black ink cartridge does the same thing it isn't an individual cartridge leak problem, and if you don't see massive amounts of ink printing on paper, its (probably) not the printhead either, so sounds like a seal around where the black cartridge is seated. My only advice is to seek Epson support - I can't think of a user fix to something this fundamental to the printer operation.

Hi,
my 3800 is going thru black ink at the rate of a cartridge a month, even though i print only four or five small prints a month.
it doesn't read empty, but the black ink doesn't print, and when i pull the cart, it is empty!
its got to be wicking out.
anyone else have this issue and if so, anyone know a fix?
i sure would hate to discard this printer, i love it.
thanks for any and all help,
george

Lenny Eiger
20-Feb-2014, 12:27
I don't know if this will help... With larger printers there was a point in time where if the last thing you did at the end of a day was a cleaning - then it would retain some amount of suction and drain the ink carts overnight.

I have no idea if something like this is happening to you, but it could be a clue. You may want to make sure the last thing you do is a print...

Good luck,

Lenny

paulr
20-Feb-2014, 13:50
If it's leaking ink, you may not see it, because that waste ink pad and tank can slurp up a lot. Definitely give Epson a call.