PDA

View Full Version : HELP -Double anastigmat "ENAR"

hiandry
10-Feb-2014, 04:54
I bought with the camera lens Double anastigmat "ENAR" 165mm F=6,8.
I think this is one of the little-known designs of the company "Ernemann" (or other), similar to the double anastigmat "ERNON".
On reflection, one of the elements shows only two bright flare. Symmetrical design of the lens is thicker than DIALYT.
I think it's three or four cemented lens elements.
Who can help identify the lens?

http://ru.myalbum.com/Photo-8UULJHSS-D.jpg

Carsten Wolff
10-Feb-2014, 05:21
I would think ENAR is simply an acronym for Ernest Neumann.
He had a photographic shop in Warsaw, ("Varsovie") Poland, in the earlier part of the 20th century, but didn't actually make lenses.
He rebranded some cameras and lenses he sold at the time and it may well be an Ernon, Dagor, etc....
but your guess is as good as mine.

hiandry
10-Feb-2014, 06:06
Thank you! I think you're right, it rebranded and will be impossible to determine the manufacturer and design.
But in any case, it should be a good quality lens.

Louis Pacilla
10-Feb-2014, 12:47
Thank you! I think you're right, it rebranded and will be impossible to determine the manufacturer and design.
But in any case, it should be a good quality lens.

Are you sure it's not a Dagor copy? Everyone copied them back in those days and w/ the "Double Anastigmat" designation along w/ the FL and f6.8 all fit. The reflection for the Dagor I believe are 2 strong 1 weak on both sides of the shutter.

hiandry
10-Feb-2014, 13:39
One half of the lens gives a reflection of how one glass (two reflections). This can be Dagor. But it could be another lens, similar design (Rietschel, Zeiss, Eneman and others )

desertrat
11-Feb-2014, 12:31
A cemented triplet from one cell of a Dagor should give two strong and two weak reflections. A cemented doublet from one cell of a RR will give two strong and one weak reflections.

hiandry
12-Feb-2014, 12:20
Yes, it cemented triplet cell (two strong and two weak reflection). And it is designated as anastigmat. A cementing double cell - it is aplanat.