PDA

View Full Version : Yodobashi Camera in Japan

tgtaylor
20-Dec-2013, 16:24
Anyone have any experience ordering from them?

Thomas

richardman
20-Dec-2013, 17:32
It's the B&H of Japan. Highly respected and you can find anything photographic in there.

John Olsen
20-Dec-2013, 17:48
I go there whenever I'm in Tokyo. Our kinda stuff is crammed into the basement but it's great fun. However, you should remember that US warranties and English language instructions may not come with their equipment (unless it's specifically promised). But then, for LF, who needs instructions or warranties, that's just for digital people anyway.
Bic Camera is also good there.

tgtaylor
21-Dec-2013, 09:13
Thanks. I sent them an email and received a prompt reply that they stopped shipping overseas.

Thomas

MonkeyBrain
23-Feb-2014, 14:59
Thats a shame, as I've always purchased from Yodobashi when I've been in Japan and could really do with ordering quite a few boxes of 4x5 Fuji 160 NS from somewhere affordable. Anyone know of a reasonably-priced source? Fuji NS doesnt seem to be very readily available in North America.

AtlantaTerry
23-Feb-2014, 15:13
Thats a shame, as I've always purchased from Yodobashi when I've been in Japan and could really do with ordering quite a few boxes of 4x5 Fuji 160 NS from somewhere affordable. Anyone know of a reasonably-priced source? Fuji NS doesnt seem to be very readily available in North America.

There is a thread around here somewhere that discusses ordering film from Japan from a small retail operation.

Delfi_r
23-Feb-2014, 15:49
You can purchase through www.japanexposures.com

vinny
23-Feb-2014, 16:00
You can purchase through www.japanexposures.com www.japanexpo$ure$

MonkeyBrain
23-Feb-2014, 16:14
thanks everyone, checking out your leads...

MonkeyBrain
23-Feb-2014, 16:19
www.japanexpo$ure$

yeah, I just checked their prices, and they charge ¥2,000 (about $20) more than Yodobashi, BIC etc. charge for a box 4x5 Fuji NS. At that price I'll be better off asking friends in Japan to go buy me a few boxes and ship it with Yamato express or whatever its called.