PDA

View Full Version : First time issue with monitor calibration ?????

Leszek Vogt
15-Dec-2013, 16:40
Just contacted the manuf. I've been using Spyder 3Pro (Win) and edited all my photos on Win XP. OK, now I use Win 7Pro-64 (different rig) and I've been provided to use the link + same puck....and same monitor. Suddenly I'm looking at all my images are suddenly @ about 2 F-stops darker. Anyone can put some light on this ? Much appreciated.

Les

Tyler Boley
15-Dec-2013, 19:57
try here.. usually pretty responsive-

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/datacolor_group/info

Preston
16-Dec-2013, 10:36
Les,

A couple of things to check:

1. Be sure Windows is using the correct color profile as the default. Here's how...

Open Control Panel. Open 'Display', Click on Change display Settings. Click 'Advanced Settings'. In the properties box for your monitor, select the 'Color Management' tab. Click 'Color Management...'. Be sure 'Use my settings for this device' is checked. In the lower part of the box, you'll find a list of color profiles (or maybe just one profile will be listed). Make sure this is the correct profile. If it is not, you'll need to locate it by clicking 'Add' . You'll see a list of profiles currently installed on your machine. Select the correct profile and then click 'OK'. Next, click, 'Set as Default Profile'. Click OK.

2. Ensure that your video card is set to it's factory default values. (You don't want your video card to be doing any color management).

3. Ensure Adobe Gamma is not running at startup. It will be listed in Start>All Programs>Startup if it's being used. You'll need to remove it from the startup list. Note: If your calibration software creates a Gamma Loader, you'll need ensure it is in the Startup folder. Check your calibration software manual to see if that's the case, since I am not sure your software does this (I use SpectraView for my NEC monitor and it creates a gamma loader).

I hope this helps.

--P