PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Reflex Viewfinder

C_Remington
10-Dec-2013, 20:39
Just picked one of these up. Pretty cool.

I can't imagine ever going back to looking at everything upside down and inverted - what crap!!!!

I don't need a stupid dark cloth anymore either.

What could be better???

Of course, not really practical to field work but, I don't do that.

analoguey
10-Dec-2013, 21:55
Isn't the image view much smaller - like a regular 35mm viewfinder? I haven't used one of these but I imagine that these would be like those?(just not pentaprism maybe)

Ian Gordon Bilson
11-Dec-2013, 02:16
The view is big,bright and clear. The adjustable angle (front-surfaced) mirror helps too,and the rig swings aside for critical focus with a loupe.
Only negative is the headpiece-I can't get my spectacles in there ! -I ended up making a super sized copy out of cardboard.
So,if you are missing this component,you know who to ask..

dsphotog
13-Dec-2013, 10:25
They are great for horizontal, but since it rotates with the film back, it's not so good for vertical viewing.

C_Remington
13-Dec-2013, 11:02
They are great for horizontal, but since it rotates with the film back, it's not so good for vertical viewing.

If you have one, you should take a look at it. The actual viewer is designed to detach from the the bracket that attaches the whole unit to the back so you can rotate when you turn the back. I use my for portrait and landscape w/o changing viewer orientation.

dsphotog
13-Dec-2013, 20:43
If you have one, you should take a look at it. The actual viewer is designed to detach from the the bracket that attaches the whole unit to the back so you can rotate when you turn the back. I use my for portrait and landscape w/o changing viewer orientation.

Wow! Thanks! You are totally right! I've owned that thing for 20 years, now I'll enjoy my reflex finder vertically as well!

C_Remington
13-Dec-2013, 21:05
Wow! Thanks! You are totally right! I've owned that thing for 20 years, now I'll enjoy my reflex finder vertically as well!

Ha!! That's a hoot.

Cool!