PDA

View Full Version : Century Studio Stand and my wife

jp
1-Dec-2013, 15:38
She's a keeper!

I've had this big old century studio stand in my living room for a few months now. It's sort of in between studio setups. Kids have swapped playrooms and bedrooms and I now can setup the stand up stairs in a bigger room.

People visit and are like WTF is this wooden geared thing in your living room?

Wife has now setup a small Christmas tree on the platform and has small framed photos displayed on the platform. It's high retro fashion. I told her it's time to move it up to the new space. She was starting to like it in her living room, and said it was useful old fashion antique-ey stuff and didn't want it to go!

I was really pleased that she liked having it in the living room.

I then suggested we could start looking for another one if she wanted one in the living room. No, one studio stand was enough.

Jerry Bodine
1-Dec-2013, 17:36
Would make a good TV ad: "Yessiree! You, too, can have a family portrait studio rat in ya own livin' room."

Michael Cienfuegos
1-Dec-2013, 21:22
Would make a good TV ad: "Yessiree! You, too, can have a family portrait studio rat in ya own livin' room."

+1 !

Michael Graves
2-Dec-2013, 06:12
Sounds wonderful. My wife and I have been carrying around a 1950's era dental machine since our very first apartment after we were married. It's about 6 feet tall and shaped like a saguaro. We thought it was interesting, but would be a nightmare for the kids to deal with after we kicked the bucket. As it turns out, they're arguing over who gets it! Maybe you'll have the same issue with your studio camera.