PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rousseau

rousseau
27-Nov-2013, 14:16
Hello everyone. I'm more of a DSLR guy but have lurked in LF groups for years. Even picked up a couple of view cameras along the way. I currently have a New Toyo 45CX that I need to unload. Where is the best place to sell LF equipment these days?

Ari
27-Nov-2013, 17:38
Welcome; you'll be able to view the buy & sell area after 30 days of being a registered member.
I'd say this is the best place for LF classifieds, and a great place to share information.

rousseau
27-Nov-2013, 22:29
Thanks Ari. I'm about half way there.

In the mean time, if you see anyone that wants a Toyo monorail, feel free to send them my way.

Alan Gales
30-Nov-2013, 23:04
Hello everyone. I'm more of a DSLR guy but have lurked in LF groups for years. Even picked up a couple of view cameras along the way. I currently have a New Toyo 45CX that I need to unload. Where is the best place to sell LF equipment these days?

Hello Rousseau,

I'm a small time Ebay Seller and some things sell better on this forum and some things sell better on Ebay. A Toyo 45CX would especially appeal to someone entering large format photography. I'm not trying to discourage you but to be perfectly honest I think you would do better on Ebay. We have new members joining but some are from other countries and monorails are not the cheapest things to ship. I have seen quit a few low end monorails priced low sit on this forum.

You say you are a DSLR guy but have lurked on LF sites. Have you ever shot large format? You need to buy a box of film and try it if you haven't. Most of us shoot DSLR's but there is nothing like large format for perspective control, tonality and sharpness.

Alan

rousseau
1-Dec-2013, 19:33
Thanks Alan.

I've helped with LF previously but never shot on my own. I also have a wood 4x5 folding camera so I'm not giving up but I just don't have the time right now. I ran across a deal on this monorail and thought about keeping it but realized that I'm just as good with the other box and I sure don't need two cameras collecting dust.