PDA

View Full Version : Tripod head accessory for Sinar monorail

BenMar
17-Nov-2013, 15:30
Hi All.

I have a Sinar Semi-transperant mirror attached on a Sinar standard, mounted on a Sinar monorail.

I am looking for an attachment for the monorail that will allow me to screw in a small tripod head and shoot through the semi transparent mirror.

Please advise.

Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving

:)

Tin Can
17-Nov-2013, 18:17
Kinda confusing what you ask.

Perhaps some pics would help.

Hi All.

I have a Sinar Semi-transperant mirror attached on a Sinar standard, mounted on a Sinar monorail.

I am looking for an attachment for the monorail that will allow me to screw in a small tripod head and shoot through the semi transparent mirror.

Please advise.

Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving

:)

brighamr
18-Nov-2013, 15:57
I think you are wanting to put a non sinar camera on a sinar rail to shoot into the mirror
if so then the cheapest option would be a sonar 514.71 camera mount
if you have the rest of a sinar camera like a P2 then you could take off the format frame from the rear standard and make up a plate to screw a camera on
Sinar will also sell you one of these for about £2000 if like !

robin

Drew Wiley
18-Nov-2013, 17:00
The part is not particularly common, and was ridiculously overpriced back when it was made. But they're also ridiculously easy to make. You just need one
of those thick black sleeves that goes around the rail, which fits into the rail holder. Then just drill it and run your tripod stud-bolt thru it, whether 1/4-20 or 3/8-16.
You might even find a piece of wooden dowel the right diameter.

BenMar
19-Nov-2013, 10:17
Hi All.
Thanks for taking time on my behalf.
The item I was looking for is: Sinar Universal Camera Holder # 519.11 (see photo) I managed to find one in Australia and hope to get it in 2 weeks or so.

What do I do with it? :) well, the evening before full moon night - moonrise coincides with sunset… I managed to find a cute little lake nearby to shoot the moon reflecting in it, and the semi-transparant mirror will reflect sunset into the same frame. Yes I could do it in PS. But I'm still somewhat of a purist.

Drew Wiley
19-Nov-2013, 10:23
Purist? Now that you've found a way to faux Fauxtoshop itself?

Jac@stafford.net
19-Nov-2013, 10:59
a sinar 514.71 camera mount
Sinar will also sell you one of these for about £2000 if like !

More like £60, and cheaper used.

brighamr
19-Nov-2013, 15:55
the £2000 was for extra bits to make a P2 into this

http://www.sinar.ch/wp-content/uploads/Sinar-p-slr-2012_EN.pdf

brighamr
19-Nov-2013, 15:57
benmar

I have seen the thing in your picture
but I could not workout what you attach the short rail bit to

please enlighten me

thanks

robin

BenMar
19-Nov-2013, 17:34
You know how it is, to have a picture in your mind and suddenly your life is meaningless unless you create it. The proof in this pudding will happen only after I play with it first in the studio and then watch the full moon weather every month until… Poetry happens!

Funny thing is that I bought that mirror way back in 1973 to shoot a color tranny and BW negative(for mezzotint overlay) of the same set that included an elderly female model behind a desk - suffering fatigue and tiredness for a pharmaceutical ad… Well, the model, in her fifties actually dosed off with her eyes half-mast and stayed there for a full 22 minutes. It took me a whole week to find a second 150mm/f4 that matched the exact perspective to the one I owned, I tested 3 lenses… How about that, I could've shot the whole thing without all the BS - Anyway, I put the damn mirror away then and took it out three days ago after I found the lake. Strange story huh?

BenMar
19-Nov-2013, 17:50
All my rails together are about 5' I don't think I'll have a problem there.