PDA

View Full Version : Re: limiting on-line exposure.

Drew Bedo
17-Nov-2013, 07:23
Hi,

I am in the process of narrowing the online exposure of my imagery to only a few websites. My professional website is one. A marketing website, ArtsyHome is another.In large part this has been successful. Images have been removed from a number of sites such as Flicker leaving only a few.

I have tried to remove a number of images from here on Large Format Photography. As directed by others, I went to Misc, then Attachments . . .and deleted all attachments. But there are still images on the pool to draw attachments from . . .nearly 44 of them.

How may I remove most of these images and leave only the ones I want to stay?

Ralph Barker
17-Nov-2013, 08:29
Normally, image management is accomplished by the member through the Settings->Miscellaneous->Attachments path, or through My Profile->Albums, depending on how the images were uploaded and referenced within individual posts.

Moderators do not have "management" access to images uploaded by members.

Tom Westbrook, our tech guru and system admin, is attempting to help you in the thread you started about this in the Feedback sub-forum. You can respond to Tom in that thread or via the PM (private message) system.

invisibleflash
17-Nov-2013, 12:26
OP, don't know. but why the change in your online footprint? Did you have problems?

jnantz
17-Nov-2013, 14:35
drew

it seems to be a bug in the vbulletin software and a lot of people
who post images to vb websites have this same problem ..

john

C_Remington
17-Nov-2013, 18:30
Why do you want to remove all your images? How do you know where your images are ????

Jac@stafford.net
18-Nov-2013, 13:22
Drew, there are many archived page contents in the world, so don't be surprised if you run across some things you thought you removed.

Drew Bedo
19-Nov-2013, 08:45
Why do you want to remove all your images? How do you know where your images are ????

I realize that once an imageis posted online, it can have a life of its own. I am simply trying to limite or narrow down the number of places these images may pop-ujp from. I understand that this effort will not be 100% successful. The goal is for most of my images that may be found on line to be sourced from my website or an art marketing website i post to.

I post images to Flicker at times and revove them later, whis has worked out so far. I would like to have that ability here on LFP. If this cannot be done, I will stop posting images to this website.

Drew Bedo
19-Nov-2013, 08:55
Drew, there are many archived page contents in the world, so don't be surprised if you run across some things you thought you removed.

Understood: Just want to attempt tolimit the number of sources. We should all be able to remove images from LFP. How may this be accomplished?

Kirk Gittings
19-Nov-2013, 09:31
Strategically then you I would think you should only post them on one online site and then only link to that URL on all other sites. Then you only have to actually remove it from the single posted site to remove them from all sites.

Drew Bedo
19-Nov-2013, 14:35
Thanks Kirk: That sounds good. So I don't have to load a picture to LFP for it to appear in a thread posting?

Now then, how may I get images removed from this website?

Kirk Gittings
19-Nov-2013, 14:39
No you just link it via the URL.

Can't help you with the other. I can't figure it out either.

chuck461
19-Nov-2013, 15:15
Now then, how may I get images removed from this website?

I may have found it.
Click "Settings" at the top right of this page.
click "Attachments" at the bottom left menu.
It appears that you can delete your photos on that page.

I hope that works for you.

Kirk Gittings
19-Nov-2013, 15:31
That appears to work. Good job.

Jac@stafford.net
19-Nov-2013, 19:20
Strategically then you I would think you should only post them on one online site and then only link to that URL on all other sites. Then you only have to actually remove it from the single posted site to remove them from all sites.

That works with low-stake sites, but there are archivist sites that copy the whole source. Be happy that so-far not many really care.