PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bangalore!

analoguey
8-Nov-2013, 22:19
Hello and Good Morning!

I am a recent convert to film since a couple of years ago - 2010 or so when I got a Nikon FG at the princely sum of 20$ and discovered the joy of using a simple manual camera (I was and still do shoot digital).
I have since also shot medium format and loved those negatives (no slides yet).
I have recently felt the need for the movements of a view camera and acquired a Toyo. I am still putting the system together.
LFF has been a resource referred to, on other forums - RFF, APUG etc., and I am only now discovering how vast it is.

Cheers
Prasanna

photobymike
9-Nov-2013, 05:26
Yes there is a resource of information out there. There are a few old coots like myself that have been doing photo for a long time. My specialty is film developing.. I have used many film processes over the years, even some that do not exist anymore. I no longer use a darkroom as all of my work is scanned. I am however considering making wet contact prints with digital negatives.

analoguey
9-Nov-2013, 12:18
I hope to learn from the folks here. I think the best part of the internet is that it's helped people with relative less experience connect to well experienced people faster n easier!

Alan Gales
9-Nov-2013, 15:46
Welcome to the forum, Prasanna!

You can certainly learn a lot from this forum. I sure have.

Alan

analoguey
12-Nov-2013, 10:32
Thanks Alan! Indeed, learning everyday

C_Remington
12-Nov-2013, 11:04
Are you in India?

Ari
12-Nov-2013, 20:19
Are you in India?

Bangalore, not Bangor.:)

Welcome to the forum, Analoguey.

analoguey
15-Nov-2013, 06:26
Are you in India?

Yes, indeed!

Bangalore, not Bangor.:)

Welcome to the forum, Analoguey.
Thanks, not sure what Bangor is -or where!

C_Remington
15-Nov-2013, 09:03
Bangor is in Maine.

Yes, indeed!

Thanks, not sure what Bangor is -or where!

ROL
16-Nov-2013, 10:50
I always thought the proper response to "Bangor?" was, "I don't even know her!" (Don't worry, I ain't sayin' nuthin' 'bout Bangalore :D). Welcome.

just_another_actuary
19-Nov-2013, 06:47
Cheers Prasanna. I'm from Chennai and a recent entrant into LF too!

analoguey
23-Nov-2013, 06:13
Cheers Prasanna. I'm from Chennai and a recent entrant into LF too!

Hello!
Good to know, not many from India here!

Pete Watkins
23-Nov-2013, 14:07
Bangor's in North Wales. It was there before Maine was invented. There's even a song about it! ;-))
Pete.