PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

propellerhead
2-Nov-2013, 12:31
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, I tried this once before and I got it tangled up as a reply to another members post in the form of a reply, I do apologize for that mistake and it probably won't be my last.
My interests are primarily large format black and white photography, I shoot with a 4X5 Toyo and Graflex press camera's most of the time. I have a digital SLR, medium and small format cameras also. A couple of my favorites are rangefinders such as Fuji 6X7 and Hasselblad Xpan.
I am in the process of building a new darkroom with film and print capabilities for my own use at home. I shoot mostly landscapes and outdoor type scenes with some close up work as well in a wide range of favorite subjects.
I live in a scenic area of the pacific northwest on a private ranch and travel as much as possible to places like Yosemite and the deserts and dunes of the southwest as well as Hawaii and the eastern seaboard.
I will be looking forward to being a part of this forum and learning from the other members as well as seeing first hand how others get things done.
I would also like to meet-up with a few of the other photographers who share the same interests as I do in this great field of interest we share, thanks for having me as a member.

Alan Gales
2-Nov-2013, 16:14
Welcome to the forum, Propellerhead. There are a lot of good people here who love to share knowledge. I've learned a lot myself!

Alan

Heroique
2-Nov-2013, 17:42
Greetings from a fellow Washingtonian – from the "Other Side."

Looking forward to your images of the Pend Oreille River in the "Water's Edge" thread.

Welcome!

Thad Gerheim
3-Nov-2013, 07:35
Welcome Propellerhead. With the Selkirk Mountains in your backyard, I don't think you need to travel far. In my opinion, they are the most diverse (in vegetation, climate and elevation) part of the rocky mountains. I wish I could spend more time up there. I like all the towns and people from Sandpoint, Idaho to Kaslo BC. I would be happy to live in any of them!
Best of luck, and I'm looking forward to seeing your images!

propellerhead
3-Nov-2013, 20:08
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I am looking to loading some images and sharing them ...... I will of course need to figure this all out first:cool: and that could take a little time. but I will as soon as I have a little time and Thanks again.

Andrew O'Neill
3-Nov-2013, 21:30
Welcome, propellerhead. Like your name.

Leszek Vogt
3-Nov-2013, 23:25
Welcome. I had to look up your town and realized it's split in halves....don't see many of those. Except for Chinook Pass about year ago and visiting my mom in Jersey, I hardly get out East over Cascades. Need to work on that a little. Looking forward to see images from the 'other side'.

Les

propellerhead
4-Nov-2013, 06:21
I have been way behind the eight ball with my photography due to a move and being without a darkroom since 2006, I have never taken a break in my large format photography as far as shooting and once my darkroom is completed I plan on jumping right back in the middle of my prime interest of 4X5 black and white. I do have a flicker account and it to has been idle for many years however it will give you an idea of my interests as far as that goes. WARNING a lot of my flicker stuff .... maybe even most of it is digital full frame color photography, things like fall colors and scenery that may be better presented with color photography is what my flicker page was all about and it will give you an idea of the things I like to shoot while my large format work is on the shelf until the darkroom is completed and I can get back in the dark with the smell of fixer and the vibration of a fan. I will attempt to add a link so you can see what I have been up to.http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmcphotography/page3/