PDA

View Full Version : Beseler Adjustable Table

AuditorOne
30-Oct-2013, 15:31
I am thinking of buying the Beseler adjustable table for my Beseler 45. Is anyone here using one and, if so, was it a good purchase for you? (This thing is pretty expensive and I don't think it is returnable.It will cost more then the enlarger did complete with condensor head and dichro color head.)

dsphotog
30-Oct-2013, 15:40
It's well made, wouldn't be too hard to make a similar stand from steel angle.

Tin Can
30-Oct-2013, 15:54
I think it's a great stand, well designed for the purpose. Beseler made them for both the CB7 and 45MCRX, I have both of those enlargers mounted on them. They are the same design, but have different dimensions. They do not interchange.

Something they do, but I have not done, is you can remove the easel baseboard and slide it into the adjustable lower shelf for bigger enlargement. Instead of need a taller chassis, they made an adjustable table.

And I gladly paid way for the table than the enlarger.

I put those teflon leg sliders under the feet and I can easily move the enlargers anywhere on my cement floor.

I am thinking of buying the Beseler adjustable table for my Beseler 45. Is anyone here using one and, if so, was it a good purchase for you? (This thing is pretty expensive and I don't think it is returnable.It will cost more then the enlarger did complete with condensor head and dichro color head.)

dmschnute
5-Nov-2013, 15:50
I have one and like it very much. On a concrete floor with the legs leveled it seems rock-solid. I use the shelf bracket as a conventional shelf with a couple pieces of ordinary 3/4" white-shelving. With the brackets inverted, the shelving will slide under the stops to the back side. If it ever came to printing something large, it does not seem a problem to reassemble it as intended. Perhaps one could fasten the baseboard with c-clamps or some such.

Yes, it was pricey even 25-years ago, but I do not think I could have bought or built anything more suitable.

Jim Noel
5-Nov-2013, 19:25
I have had and used one for more than 30 years. I don't know how I would get along without it.

AuditorOne
5-Nov-2013, 21:37
Thanks everyone. It looks like I should just bite the bullet and pick one of these up. I think I will start by exploring the used market. With Xmas around the corner I will have to wait until 2014 if I have to pay full price.